CHAPTER 22

Allison's POV

No words could explain the pain buried in my heart. The pain was turning into anger. The anger to myself because I let them involve my family with this kind of life. Why?! Why do they need to involve them?!

All I wanted was justice for the country but it seemed that justice was running away in my life. The hell!

I wiped the tears down on my face as I closed the window in the training ground. It has been three days since they were missing. I got out of the hospital three days ago after a few hours of knowing that my parents were missing.

Their contact numbers were unreachable for three days. The investigators were always here to update us about the incident that happened in the school. All the CCTVs there were already viewed. 

Everyday, I spent my whole time finding them. Even though they were not my biological parents, they still made me feel their love and importance. The hell with this life! Whoever made this was really heartless!

The Vigilante's association was helping me to find them. Despite the mission we were preparing for, they also spent their time to help me. 

I took a deep breath after I felt the vibration of my phone. I took it from my jeans and touched the answer button of the incoming call from an unregistered number.

Cries and screams welcomed me from the other line. Those cries were familiar.

"Hello?! Mom?!"

Horrifying laugh made my hands trembled

"Do you want to talk to Allison?!" It was said from the phone.

I closed the fist of my other hand. The hell!

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled from my place.

"Allison!!! My daughter!!!"

Sh*t! I heard a hard slap from the other line as my mom painfully cried.

"Stop!!!" The pain inside my heart was invading me. Tears flowed from eyes again. I could not bear the emotion in me as I heard them suffering.

"Did you miss them, Allison?" The voice laughed terrifyingly. 

"Who are you?! What do you need?!" I gritted my teeth as the voice kept on laughing.

"Tell me! What do you need?!" I screamed on the phone as I wiped the tears that continuously streamed from my eyes.

"Easy, Allison. I will not kill them."  A gunshot occurred through my ears.

"Damn you! I will kill you bitch!" I screamed and the voice kept on laughing again on the other phone.

"Really? With all the threats I make with your life, you were so slow to catch me, Allison…"

"All I wanted was your attention to me but you were busy with your so called association…"

"You want justice, right? Are you sure that you were getting justice with what you are doing?!"

The voice laughed terrifyingly again and again. I closed my eyes and calmed myself.

"What do you need?!"

"If you want to see your so-called parents alive, come and get them without the help of your association. I'll text the address."

The call ended. I gritted my teeth as I held the phone tightly. Why were they doing this to me?! The burdens in my life never left.