CHAPTER 21

Allison's POV

They both looked at each other with their widened eyes and looked back again on me. 

"Tell me. Are you hiding something from me?" I asked as I closed the fist of my palm. I would never know what I could think if they hid something on me.

They both shook their heads. Mom removed her sight on me. She was looking anywhere to avoid my gaze. Dad remained his sight on me. He walked forward and reached my hands.

"No, but we'll give something for you," he stated and formed a smile.

I raised my eyebrows and turned my eyes back and forth between them. "What?"

Mom's expression changed. Her eyes focused again on us. "We will tell you later, Darling."

"Who's the person you were talking about earlier?!"

"You. The truth is we are going to give something to you," Dad answered as they convinced me to believe them.

I sighed. "Alright. Maybe we should go now. It's already time."

I walked towards the garage and waited for them. Dad went inside the car and drove it to the outside while Mom was checking inside the house. My phone vibrated as I stepped up in the car. I checked for it after I sat down in the back seat. 

It was from Harley. I grinned. It was a message from the devil. I turned off the phone and put it back in my bag. 

Mom giggled as she closed the door of the car. "Let's go! I'm so excited."

I smiled. Maybe I was only overthinking. I was scared of what might happen next. I sighed once again as I looked on the road.

It took more than thirty minutes when we reached the school. It was a three-storey building with some trees on each side. I've also seen many students going inside.

When Dad parked the car on the side, we all went out and walked towards the building. I sighed as I reached the open area in front of the building.

I turned my eyes to my shoulder when I felt a touch from my mother. I formed a smile on her. 

"Ready?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I nodded. It took how many years before I stepped my foot again in a school. It felt like there was something coming back inside me.

I turned my eyes back and forth inside the school until we reached the function hall area of the school. It had a five-foot tall stage area and chairs were organized in front of it.

Staff accompanied us to our seats as they showed a smile on their faces. My parents and I sat down on the fifth row. I kept my eyes turning around the whole area. 

"Hey, Darling. Are you alright?" Mom asked as she held my right hand. 

I nodded again and focused my eyes on the stage. Minutes had been passed when the program started. The seats were all occupied with students and parents.

After the introductory rights, the emcee called the students one by one. I once again turned my eyes around the stage. Some parents were clapping their hands as their child called on the stage. I formed a bitter smile. I wished I had my real parents on this special day.

"Allison Cruz," the emcee called.

I stood up and looked back to my poster parents. They planted a smile on their faces and I smiled back at them. I walked on the side and went on the stage as they called my name.