CHAPTER 16

Levi's POV

"Harley!" She called out as she saw the man, waiting for her outside the car. 

I stayed in my place and I did not leave them. I knew him. He's the jail man that Ali met in prison. I didn't expect that they were seeing each other. 

Ali seemed happy as she genuinely smiled back on the man. They seemed good together. Did he already court my partner? Did Ali give her heart to him? 

Damn, Levi! What are you thinking?! You're just a partner in work!

I could not take this! I closed my palm and badly looked at them with the jaw clenched on my face. 

The man glanced at me. He arched his eyebrow and said, "Hey, Bro! Are you alright?"

Ali seemed shocked as she saw me still standing in my place. I gave her a glare look. She looked away. 

I turned my eyes back to the man. "It's alright! You're Harley, right? By the way, I'm Levi," I introduced then saluted him. 

He also made a salute on me. "Nice to meet you, Bro!"

I nodded then looked back again on Ali while clenching my fist. 

"You didn't tell me that you already had a relationship with someone from jail," I stated then smirked at her. 

She looked away and I didn't give a look to Harley again. I turned my back on them and walked out. 

As I entered the building, I glanced at Madi and I saw that she's looking at Ali and Harley. I walked beside her. Her eyes were focused on the two but not until I came beside her.

"Why are you looking at them?" I asked without turning my eyes from where she was looking.

"They seemed to have a good relationship, right?" She turned her eyes on me.

"No! They are just friends." Convincing myself to think that they were not really in a relationship.

"Just like her feelings for you?" I saw her face was smirking on me.

I was convinced now that they were twins. I also smirked on her. "She's my friend and I'm her Vigilante partner. Nothing else."

She shook her head. "Really? You looked jealous when the man came." She teased.

"It's none of your business. After all we're not friends, Maddison," I stated.

"After what happened with the both of us? You're kidding me, Levi." She chuckled.

Maddison was really weird. Her actions and treatments were sometimes unpredictable.

"Don't assume that much, Madi. What happened between us was a mistake. I don't really like you after all. I'm just doing a favor for Ali."

I did not let her speak again and I left her with all my strength. I did not want to hurt her but that's all I could do. She was Ali's sister but I could only give her a good treatment.

I entered the technological room without minding the presence of the team and did my everyday work here.

*****

Days had been passed and I treated the twins the way they wanted. We also continued our work together as Vigilante partner. Throughout the week, we had been busy tracking some wealthy people for our next mission.

I was here at my computer desk right now. I was secretly tracking and investigating the identity of Madi. I knew that the results of the DNA were real but I still had doubts about it.