CHAPTER 30

Allison's POV

The sound from the rusty cell made me lean forward from my bed. I only stared at the police who throwed the orange t-shirt on my face. 

"Ready yourself. Any minutes from now, you will be going to the court and the judgement on you will start," he stated and locked the cell again.

I deeply sighed and stood up from the bed as he vanished in my sight. I took a shower inside the prison cell and I went out wearing the orange shirt and the pants. It seemed like I needed to accept that I would be here for the rest of my life.

I tied my hair into a ponytail and I faced myself into the mirror in the bathroom. After a while, I heard the unlock of the cell and I quickly went out of the bathroom again. The police walked at my back and put the handcuff in my hands.

"C'mon! The board of justice is waiting for you."

The other police held me on my left hand while the other one was on my right side. As we went out of the prison cell, eyes from other inmates were staring at me. Everytime I stepped on my feet, it felt like a thousand people were waiting for my judgement. 

I only looked down between our footsteps until we reached upstairs. People outside the court welcomed me with their cameras, voice recorders and mics. They kept on calling the name 'Maddison'. Questions were also thrown from their voices. The other policemen were spreading their arms to cover us from those people who're desperate with my words.

I raised my head up when I heard the click of the door. It was slowly opened and it welcomed me with different people from both sides of the court. I only gave them an emotionless look as I walked in the aisle with these policemen by my side.

I glanced on the right side of the court. I smiled a bit at my parents who were waiting for me in the first line of the seats. I also turned my eyes to the Vigilante association who were sitting in the second row of the seats. Before I sat down on my designated chair, I also took a glance to Harley. He planted a smile on his face as he looked at me.

I faced the jury who was sitting at the center in front after I finally sat down on my chair. Beside my seat was the lawyer for my case. I glanced at the folder on the table and I felt his sight on me.

"We can do this! Just say what we ordered," he stated and we both looked again to the jury.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Calling the case of the People of the States of Italy versus Ms. Maddison Cruz. Are both sides ready?" The judge announced and asked. 

"Ready for the people, Your Honor," the attorney from the other side answered.

"Ready for the defense, Your Honor," the attorney on my side also responded.

I turned my eyes on the left side of the seats where different personnel were glaring at me. I shook my head and I looked down from the seat.

"Ms. Cruz, please sit in front," the assistant jury called.

I stood up and walked towards the chair on the right side of the judge. I took my seat and placed my hands on the table in front of me.

The lawyer from the other side walked towards my place and he was bringing the folder on his hand. He looked at me terrifyingly but I simply grinned at him.

"So! Ms. Cruz…" He scanned the papers in the folder. "Are you the lord of gambling in the company of Mr. Bernardo Collins?"

"Yes," I answered as I played the nails of my hands.