CHAPTER 23

Allison's POV

"You don't love me! You only love Allison but not me! " A scream from downstairs made me awake. I stepped down from the bed and went down towards the voice that I heard.

"What's happening?" I asked after I saw my family standing in the living room.

All their eyes turned on me. I gave them a question look, waiting for their answer.

"What happened?" I asked again.

Maddison rolled her eyes and walked out on my side. She left us and it gave me more confusion on what happened. My mother moved closer and hugged me with all her heart.

When I got back in our room, I looked for my sister but I didn't see her inside our room.

"Mads!" I called out. I looked for her around the house but I didn't see even her shadow anywhere.

I came back to our room after a few minutes. Without my knowledge, the door of our room locked. I knocked on the door multiple times. 

"Mads! Are you inside? Please open the door!" My heart started to pound rapidly. 

I repeatedly knocked but no one was responding. I was sure that Madi was inside. I quickly went to the other room to get the spare keys. My hands were trembling as I handled the key. When I got back in front of the door, the key almost fell down on the floor as I inserted it in the door knob while my hands were shaking.

Widened eyes showed on my face as I placed my hands on my mouth. She was holding a knife in her right hand and it was placed on her wrist.

"Mads!" I quickly walked towards her and I grabbed the knife on her hand. 

I glared at her. "What are you doing?! Are you crazy?"

She formed a smirk on her lips. "Why do you care?"

"Because I'm your sister!"

She laughed terrifyingly until the tears fell down on her face. After a moment, her expression made me feel the goosebumps. She showed a glare on me.

"Give it back to me!"

My eyebrows met and I shook my head. "No! I won't let you do this!" I walked outside the room without turning her back.

I heard her footsteps, following my path. "Don't act like you care, Allison!"

I stopped when I reached the railings of the stairs. "I care for you, Mads."

She moved closer to me after I turned my back on her. She moved her hand and showed her palm. "Give it back."

I still shook my head but when I was about to turn around again, she quickly grabbed my hand and forced herself to get the knife. 

I moved faster to hold the knife more tightly. Both of our hands were holding the knife right now. I could feel the tension between us. The electricity of anger was showing through our eyes. With all my strength, I lifted up my hands together with her hands and let the knife point above.

"Mads! Put your hands down from the knife!" I ordered.

Her eyes were looking at me in anger. "No! You put your hands down! You always want everybody to follow you! Everyone's attention is always on you!"

I was breathing rapidly as I slightly opened my lips together with my widened eyes. 

"That's not true!"