prolouge

After unpacking the boxes in her room, Yuqi laid down on her new bed. She exhaled, taking a deep breath. In her hand, held one of her favorite pictures. It was a picture of her and her now ex-boyfriend Lucas.

"Why did I have to move? It fucked everything up, even my relationship." Yuqi thought, and sighed, putting the picture back in its spot.

The move was hard on her, but she would never tell her father that. A new business opportunity was presented to them in Seoul, and she knew that this would benefit the family greatly. She just wished that it wasn't at her expense.

Back in Beijing, Yuqi was really happy. She was popular, had tons of friends, a nice boyfriend, great grades, and best of all, she felt comfortable. Now in Seoul, she feels out of place; it's not her home and it never will be.

The language portion wasn't the problem for Yuqi. She was already fluent in English, so Korean was a breeze. After all, she really was top of her class.

"This better be worth it." Yuqi thought, she gave up her whole life to come and take a chance for her father's business.

It was ironic; she didn't even know who her father was working with. Shaking her head, she grabbed her computer and started searching up facts about her new school.

JYP high is home to the most talented and smart of students! They have multiple academic scholar programs, as well as sports programs and exploration in music.

Yuqi read the bio and sighed. It didn't impress her; her school in Beijing was still much better. Not to mention, the people in her school got in by merit, not money. If you didn't pass the introduction test, you weren't allowed in. JYP was the home of the rich, as so she was told by her father.

School would start tomorrow, and she already had her uniform. Yuqi wanted to scream, she wanted to cry, and run away back to Beijing, where her whole life was, but she couldn't. She had no power anymore; this wasn't her life, it was her father's.

She had no choice but to just accept this.