she's back

a/n- before starting this chapter, I just want to say something first. While I'm not exactly sure who reads my books, I wanted to relay a message to everyone.

Thank you to everyone who supports my hobby of writing, and who enjoys my stories. Regardless of race, gender, sexuality, personality, and other things, everyone deserves to be treated equally and with respect.

My way of coping with things lately is writing, so I will probably continue to update this book regularly, as well as my other book.

I care for and love everyone on here, and I hope that all of these "ideals" that society has put up will be changed into something better. Thank you again.

———————————————————————————

While it isn't the same as Beijing, Yuqi was getting quite accustomed to JYP High. The abundance of foreigners made her feel better, as she wasn't the only person who came from another place.

The people there treated her very nicely, too. She was friendly with all of the popular kids, and she started to gain popularity as well, not like that even mattered to her.

Everything was great, up until Yuqi received horrible news.

Yuqi had already been sitting at the (g)idle table for lunch, when Shuhua and the rest of them joined her.

"What did you get on Mr. Kim's chem test?" Soojin asked Yuqi, while she sat down next to Shuhua, with Minnie on her left.

"95%." Yuqi answered, nice and short. She was slightly disappointed with her grade, as she wouldn't have accepted anything lower than a 97. Soojin and Shuhua widened their eyes, that was the best grade in the whole class!

"Holy shit." Soojin breathed out. "You weren't lying when you told me that you were in the top 5%!" Shuhua shouted, and Soojin glared at her, covering her ear. Shuhua just laughed at her.

"I did worse than I normally do. My father is gonna kill me." Yuqi huffed, slumping down in her seat. Her father was known for being strict with her grades, so that his daughter could be unbelievably smart.

Minnie wrapped an arm around Yuqi. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. Your dad seemed nice anyways." Minnie answered, basing it off of her last experience with Yuqi. "He's not the same person I used to know." Yuqi whispered, but Minnie heard it.

"What does she mean by that?" Minnie thought, and racked her brain for a way to cheer her crush up.

"Don't be sad. I'm taking you out for brunch on Saturday, remember?" Minnie asked, and Yuqi smiled. Minnie always knew how to cheer her up.

"Wait what the fuck? You're taking her out? Sailing!" Shuhua cheered, and Soojin scolded her for her use of language.

Miyeon and Soyeon came to the table with their lunch, holding a bowl of strawberries. "We brought it just for you, Shu!" Miyeon joked, and Shuhua glared at her.

"Fine. We'll just give it to the other loud mouth." Soyeon concluded, and passed the bowl to Yuqi, who laughed. "I would be angry with you, but I can't lie to myself." Yuqi responded, making the whole table laugh.

The girls continued to make fun of each other, that is, until Irene approached their table.

While Yuqi definitely made their feud better, Red Velvet and (g)idle still didn't really get along. They only spoke together if Yuqi was there.

Yuqi waved to Irene, who gave Yuqi a back hug. "I need to tell you something." Irene whispered in Yuqi's ear, while Minnie and Soojin were too busy glaring at her.

"Is everything alright? Do you want to go somewhere else?" Yuqi whispered back, now gaining the attention of the whole table. "I'll just whisper it to you right now. Seeing your friends glare at me is honestly hilarious." Irene responded, smirking. while Yuqi laughed.

Minnie couldn't handle the sight. Irene was making Yuqi laugh, while she was hugging her, as well as she had her hand on Yuqi's shoulder. "Why am I so jealous? She isn't even mine. I shouldn't even like girls!" Minnie thought, ashamed of herself.

"There's a new transfer student, and she claims to know you." Irene explained, and Yuqi's eyebrows furrowed. "What's her name?" Yuqi asked, innocently.

"Cheng Xiao." Irene answered, and Yuqi dropped her spoon, her face paling.

"You've got to be kidding me. She lives to make my life a living hell." Yuqi thought, she wasn't feeling good now. Her hands started to shake slightly, and her throat was dry.

"Are you alright?" Irene asked, and Yuqi ferociously nodded. "Ye-yes, I'm fine." Yuqi stuttered out. Irene's eyes widened slightly, what the hell was happening to her?

"Are you sure? You look sick." Irene asked, the rest of i-dle looking concerned. "Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, please." Yuqi answered, with a begging tone in her voice. Irene sighed, and said goodbye, going back to her table.

"Yuqi, what was that about?" Shuhua asked, while Yuqi's breathing was still heavy. "What? Oh, don't worry about it." Yuqi smiled, although it was obviously fake.

Minnie looked at the girl, who looked like she had seen a ghost. "What happened to her? I want to kiss her to make her feel bett—- wait what am I saying? Minnie, stop it!" Minnie scolded herself, while her body subconsciously moved closer to Yuqi.

"I respect the fact that you don't want to talk about it, but just know that I'm always here for you." Minnie whispered in Yuqi's ear, allowing for her breathing to calm itself down, bringing it back to normal.

"Thank you." Yuqi responded, and started to pick up her stuff. "I should go, I need to grab something out of my locker." Yuqi concluded, and Shuhua pouted. "You're leaving me here with Miyeon? Are you kidding me?" Shuhua barked, and Miyeon slapped her shoulder.

The hallways were quiet, since the period still had about 40 minutes until it ended. Yuqi could hear the heel of her boots clicking onto the tiled floor, while she walked into the bathroom.

"Relax, Yuqi. You'll be alright. She can't hurt you now." Yuqi trembled, her facade fading by the minute.

Cheng Xiao was a force to be reckoned with. When Yuqi was in her freshman year of high school, Xiao became her worst nightmare. The girl bullied the hell out of her, kicked her, punched her, and ultimately blamed her for her mother's death, which spread like wildfire throughout the school.

Sophomore year, Xiao moved away, which allowed Yuqi to finally be happier, which changed her into a better person as well. She worked her way up from the bottom to the top, but with this resurgence, she was afraid that she would lose herself again.

She exited herself out of the stall, only to be accompanied by another girl. She couldn't quite see who it was, but the words of the girl gave her the answer.

"Nice to see you again, Song Yuqi."