game plan

(This chapter will have time jumps so that the storyline doesn't feel dragged out or anything. This chapter is quite complicated as it jumps all over the place, so buckle up!)

Flashback to the night after Yuqi and Minnie's ordeal

Soojin had asked Shuhua to meet her at the park, specifically at midnight. For what reason, Shuhua couldn't answer.

She walked down the path, seeing Soojin wave to her as she sat on a bench.

She sat down next to Soojin, who supported a smile on her face, watching as her cold breath disintegrated into the air.

"I need to discuss something with you, Shu." Soojin started, and Shuhua turned to look at Soojin, who was still ever as beautiful, even though she had no makeup, and a big puffy jacket that covered half her face.

"Go ahead, unnie." Shuhua smiled lightly, encouraging Soojin to speak.

"I've realized some things, Shu. First off, I should have never called you an embarrassment, or told you that you're a bad friend, because I'm the embarrassment here. You're amazing, confident, and unafraid of anything, which I really admire.

I want to be like that Shu, but I can't. I'm so afraid of what people think of me, and I don't think that you deserve that. You deserve better than me, Shuhua. I really do love you, and I should have told you sooner, I'm sorry." Soojin choked up, tears rolling down her face.

Shuhua wiped the tears off with her jacket, sighing contently.

"I've always been aware of your flaws, Jin, but that doesn't mean that I would ever love you any less. I don't care what you think I deserve, but as I see it, everyone is a byproduct of the environment that they've lived in, and it can be extremely difficult to go against everything you've ever known, especially if you have no guarantee that it will last." Shuhua responded, making Soojin marvel at just how insightful she was.

"How did you get so mature?" Soojin asked, while Shuhua laughed softly.

"I've been through a lot, Jin-ah. I'm alright with waiting, we don't have to rush anything until you're completely comfortable." Shuhua responded, making Soojin pull her into a hug, leaving a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you, Shu." Soojin looked into Shuhua's youthful, sparkling eyes. She didn't deserve the girl in front of her.

"I love you too, Jin-ah. I always have." Shuhua said back.

3 months later; February

The feeling of helplessness can and definitely will take a toll on you, as proven by Yeh Shuhua.

It had been months since Minnie and Yuqi stopped talking, with Minnie still holding onto visible anger, and with Yuqi falling down a dark hole.

All Shuhua could do is watch.

It hurt her to know that she couldn't do anything about it, that she had to trust that Yuqi knew what she was doing, when it was breaking the two of them into pieces.

For the past couple of months, Yuqi had been absent from the lunch table, and it felt empty. Minnie still looked solemn, like she had lost the center of her happiness, while Soyeon, Miyeon, and Soojin would talk about Yuqi, about their anger that she lead Minnie on, and that they never got a reason.

Of course, Shuhua knew everything. She heard exactly what Xiao said, and quite frankly, she applauded Yuqi for handling things like that.

She knew that she did it for Minnie, even though it was hurting her. Shuhua would have done the same thing for Soojin in a heartbeat.

That's the reason as to why her patience was running thin when she constantly had to overhear Miyeon complaining about Minnie's treatment. The girls didn't even think of assessing why Yuqi may have done so.

Shuhua decided that she wouldn't let this go on anymore, not when it was destroying everyone around her. She needed a plan, and she knew exactly where to start, and what pieces to move.

"Have you three ever even considered why Yuqi might have done that?" Shuhua interrupted Miyeon, while Minnie turned her attention towards the youngest girl.

"No--I mean, how can there be an explanation for literally leading Minnie on?" Soyeon answered, confused as to why Shuhua would even bring up such a question.

Shuhua wanted to slam her head against the table. She was trying to get a message across to the girls, but they were too stubborn to even consider it.

"Fuck it, I need to tell them. I can't take this shit anymore." Shuhua sighed, before starting her reply.

"Xiao and Yuqi have a horrible past. She terrorized Yuqi through most of her freshman year of school, the year that her mom died. I know that Yuqi told you about that, Min." Shuhua started, looking at Minnie who nodded.

"She did this for you, Minnie. I heard the other outcome, and that was way worse than this. She did it to protect you! You guys need to trust me when I say that she did this for a reason. Yuqi and I have been through a lot together, and it amazes me how you don't seem to understand how everyone has their own demons, as well as their reasons for doing something.

I need to talk to somebody about something, so I'll be leaving now. I really hope you guys consider what I just said, it's the least you can do." Shuhua ranted angrily, grabbing her stuff and walking towards the BLACKPINK table, while the other girls could only respond in silence.

"Rough day, huh?" Jennie asked, making room for Shuhua to sit down.

Ever since Yuqi introduced them, Shuhua has been friendly with them as well, since the majority are foreigners like her.

"That's an understatement. I need your help on something, guys." Shuhua told them, while all of the girls turned her attention to her.

"Sure thing. What's the problem?" Lisa questioned, while Shuhua cleared her throat.

"How much info can you get on Cheng Xiao? The bitch is ruining things for me and I need to dethrone her ass as soon as possible." Shuhua stated, while Roseanne snickered.

"Give us about 2 days, and we'll try to get something important." Roseanne responded, and Shuhua smiled.

"Thank you, guys. I owe you one!" Shuhua giggled, before walking away towards the library.

"Let the games begin, Xiao. May the best win."