it's unfortunate

4 months later

Seo Soojin was a complex soul. While she exuded sexiness and control, while everyone wanted to be her, while she was practically perfect, all of that wasn't true in the slightest bit.

Soojin has always had image issues; ever since she was a little kid, she's always cared way too much about what other people think of her.

So when her heart was telling her that she didn't like Taehyung, and that she could possibly have feelings for someone else, a girl at that, Soojin wouldn't listen to that.

Truth be told, she didn't even really like Taehyung at all. He was an asshole, he was mean to her friends, and he obviously didn't really love her either.

But despite all of that, she still stayed with him. Why? Because her image was the most important thing to her. She was willing to risk anything just to make sure the public opinion of her was good, and there was no way in hell that anything would get in the way of that.

Shuhua, her best friend, the girl who she's always had a soft spot for and a crush that she wouldn't admit to herself, ever, was super confident.

Soojin envied that. She wondered what it was like to walk around and not care about what anyone else thought.

Shuhua owned it too. She walked around with such confidence and intelligence; how would Soojin not be attracted to that? How could she ignore her heart beating so fast when Shuhua would glance her way?

It was simple; she couldn't and wouldn't be gay. Not in a million years. Not when society still looked down on people who loved the same sex.

This perception of perfection and hesitance would end up digging Soojin's grave towards the worst experience of her life.

2 months earlier

Today was Soojin's 6 month anniversary with Taehyung. The two of them planned to get sushi together, and they would eat it at Taehyung's place.

Soojin had just arrived at Taehyung's apartment, and she planned on surprising him.

Walking up to the door, she knocked a couple of times, but there was no answer.

"That's weird." She thought, looking down at the doorknob, and realizing that the door was slightly open.

She pushed the door open, walking into Taehyung's ridiculously snobby apartment; the kid screamed 'rich privilege'. Taehyung was the kind of guy who would buy a car just to flex it on snapchat.

As Soojin walked throughout the apartment, Taehyung was nowhere to be found. Soojin stopped moving once she heard sounds, and she followed the sounds up until she reached a white door.

"This is his bedroom." Soojin thought. She took a deep breath, and twisted the doorknob, opening it up.

Taehyung was completely naked, in the middle of having sex with a random girl when Soojin gasped, dropping her dinner on the ground which alerted Taehyung, who turned around.

"Please, it's not what it looks like!" Taehyung begged, but Soojin scoffed.

"We're done. Enjoy yourself, you fucking prick!" Soojin screamed, slamming the door of Taehyung's apartment.

She felt herself sink down on the other end, her back sliding against the apartment door. She was crying now, and she wasn't sure if that was because she was mad at Taehyung, or worried about how the public would perceive her now.