wise one

Yuqi felt like she was lucid dreaming, that she would just wake up and be exempted from this nightmare of sorts.

That wasn't the case.

She was currently sitting on a bench with the younger taiwan born girl, mentally preparing herself to explain one of the most difficult experiences of her life.

"Yuqi! Yuqi! What the fuck are you staring at?!" Shuhua shouted, gaining the attention of the girl adjacent from her.

"Shit, sorry. I need to explain some things to you." Yuqi sighed, and Shuhua scoffed, cleaning implying sarcasm.

"No shit! That bitch knows you somehow!" Shuhua responded impatiently, crossing her arms, while Yuqi was still massaging her temples, the result of her brewing internal dilemma.

"I know you're rather outspoken, so can you just let me talk first?" Yuqi asked softly, and Shuhua noticed the mood change.

"Oh-of course, unnie. Go ahead." Shuhua replied, her intuition ringing to listen intensively.

"It all started when I was in my freshman year of high-school. My mother had just passed away, and I was the epitome of pitiful. Everyone avoided me, and if they didn't, they felt awful for me. My life was a living hell, and I wasn't sure how it could possibly get any worse." Yuqi started.

"Ironically enough, it did. Cheng Xiao transferred to my school; she was the new student. Soon enough, she built her hierarchy, doubling in popularity each and every day, acclaiming the title as the school's 'queen bee'. While I'm still not exactly sure what the ultimate push was for her to bully me, regardless she started making my life even worse." Yuqi continued, and Shuhua could hear the pain and sorrow in the normally cheerful voice of Yuqi.

"She would beat the shit out of me, which obviously hurt me, but that was physical. Her real weapon was the fact that she knew how to get inside my head; she still does, and I fucking hate it. She blamed me for my mother's death, and eventually I started to believe her. I had hit the lowest point in my life ever, until I met Lucas, who is my ex-boyfriend now.

He helped pick the pieces back up, which led me to who I am today. I started to reinvent myself, moving past all of the trauma and I created the person I am right now. I don't know how she knew about you at all, possibly from keeping tabs on me. I'm sorry for dragging you into this." Yuqi looked at the floor, she was practically begging to look in Shuhua's eyes, but she couldn't. Her body wouldn't allow it.

Shuhua sat there for a minute, then it became two. With her mouth agape, her mind was swirling with thought.

"She doesn't deserve this. No one does." Shuhua concluded within herself, looking over at the other girl, who wasn't saying anything. She just had her head in her hands.

Then it clicked, working like clockwork in her mind, showing her something. Shuhua knew. This was all too familiar.

"You don't have to say anything, I get it. It's humiliating, and you probably feel guilty for getting me involved, after all, it's supposed to be your own endeavor, isn't it?" Shuhua asked, wise words from someone who played the role of the youngest in their resident clique.

Yuqi looked up, clearly surprised with Shuhua's level of understanding, one she most definitely wasn't expecting. The gaze that lingered in Shu's eyes was knowing, the girl had some dark trauma too.

"We desire to take responsibility for unfortunate things that happen to us, rather, we don't want to ask for help. It makes us look weak. I'm consciously aware that we're all bound to feel that way, and I won't try to change your opinion on whether that's valid or not, but just so you know, it's ok to ask for help sometimes.