a perfect night

Loud music blared in Yuqi's ears, as she watched Lisa and Jennie grind on each other, enjoying themselves, as they danced to some electro-pop hit.

She held her beer in her hands, the epitome of the liquid courage needed to ask Minnie to be her girlfriend.

Unfortunately, said girl was nowhere to be found.

"You've got to be kidding me." Yuqi thought to herself, as she slowly stepped out of the dance circle, ridding herself of the possibility of Sooyoung accidentally making out with her.

She walked over to the bar, sitting at one of the seats, as Shuhua was busy making drinks for everyone.

"Why the fuck aren't you with Minnie right now?" The younger girl yelled at her, looking with doe eyes that were in disbelief.

"Hello to you too, Shuhua." Yuqi responded back, the sarcasm dripping with every word.

"Stop being a wise ass for one second, and tell me why you're sitting here like a loser." Shuhua retorted, mocking Yuqi back.

"I can't find her." Yuqi responded, slumping in her chair.

"No, we're not doing this. Fuck it, I'm gonna help you find her. Seulgi, can you take over for me? I'll pay you later!" Shuhua handed the drink to Seulgi, who shrugged.

"Are you sure that this will work?" Minnie asked Soojin, who sat on Shuhua's bed.

"Yes, I'm positive. She clearly loves you." Soojin responded, as Minnie paced around the room, making Soojin dizzy.

"What if she doesn't like it? What if I'm reading too much into this?" Minnie blurted out, her feet creating patterns in Shuhua's carpet, as she walked back and forth, resembling the ticking of a pendulum.

"You slept with her for god's sake! Stop freaking out, will you? You're making me dizzy!" Soojin complained as Minnie sat down next to her, as Soojin clutched her head.

"This is why I'm sober." Minnie mocked Soojin, who smacked her arm in return, making Minnie let out a loud yelp.

"I'm literally avoiding my girl to help you, you know that right?" Soojin squinted at her, while Minnie laughed, nodding.

"Yes, Sherlock, I'm thankful for that. No need to sniff me out like a guard dog." Minnie earned herself another slap on the arm for that.

"Come on, now is the chance! I'll go get Shu, and I'll follow you out." Soojin exclaimed, feeling excited, as she followed Minnie out of Shuhua's room.

"She's not here, Shu!" Yuqi shouted, as she walked throughout Shuhua's house, with the younger girl slightly ahead of her.

Yuqi stumbled slightly, holding her beer as she walked through the halls, trying to find Minnie, as a body collided with hers, knocking her over, as someone fell on top of her.

"Hey, Qi." Minnie stared at her, as her arms rested beside Yuqi's head, as Yuqi herself felt Minnie on top of her, forgetting to breathe once she locked eyes with the girl.

"Hey..." Yuqi trailed off, as she felt Minnie's hands underneath her, still grabbing onto her hips, as she tried to lessen the blow.

"I need to tell you something, but for that, I need to take you somewhere. Are you ok with that?" Minnie asked nervously, as Yuqi nodded, grabbing Minnie's hand to help her up.