long time no see

"I can't believe I have to spend my day off like this!" Yuqi huffed, pouting ever so slightly. Today was her only day off for the week; tomorrow she had homework, and monday was when she went back to school.

Saturdays in Beijing were fun for Yuqi. She would get together with her friends, spend time with her former boyfriend, and her father was mostly home.

Things were different now, very different. This time around, her father was forcing her to attend a business meeting; one of no importance to Yuqi.

"I can't believe he's dragging me into this." Yuqi rolled her eyes, but nevertheless found a nice outfit to wear. She was attending the home of the Yontararak's, a partner of her father's that he established not too long ago.

Her father told her that Mr. Yontararak had a daughter that was her age; probably why she was being forced to go to this absurd meeting.

"Yuqi? Are you ready? It's already 5:45 pm, we need to leave now." Her father asked, and Yuqi just groaned, following him out of the door.

The car ride was as awkward as it could have possibly been. Her father hadn't been home for a while; he was too absorbed in his work, which led to having nothing to talk about with his only daughter.

"Listen, Qi-Qi." Her father sighed, and Yuqi turned over to meet his eyes.

"I know you're not happy about this, and I don't blame you for that. However, we need this opportunity. It will benefit us; especially after the passing of your mother." Her father explained, and Yuqi just nodded. She wasn't ready to discuss this yet.

"We're here. Please be on your best behavior; this will be a great thing for us." Her father smiled, and Yuqi flashed a fake one in return. They exited the car, and walked up to the door of the mansion.

"They're stacked, damn. Is everyone in this town rich or something?" Yuqi wondered, Roseanne's house was nice as well, and she lived just around the block from here.

"Ah, Mr. Song. Welcome!" The butler said, and led Yuqi and her father into the gigantic house, taking their coats in the process.

"This painting probably costs more than my life's savings." Yuqi concluded.

As they walked down the hall, they neared the living room; one that looked straight out of a movie. The large crystal chandelier hung down low, and the movie-like screen shined brightly.

"Mr. Song! Glad you could make it!" Mr. Yontararak chirped, and Yuqi's father returned the smile. It didn't matter whether they liked each other, the business was all that mattered to them.

"This is my daughter, Song Yuqi." Yuqi's father introduced her, pushing her forward to shake hands with the investor.

"You're very pretty." Mr. Yontararak exclaimed, his stare lingering for way longer than it should've. Yuqi felt so uncomfortable, and nervously laughed. "When can I leave? This guy is creeping me tf out!"

"My daughter, Nicha, will be down shortly. How about I lead you to the dining room, where we'll discuss such ventures?" Mr Yontararak suggested, and Yuqi trailer behind her father.

"This is so boring. Imagine if someone just appeared out of nowhere to entertain me. That would be quite ironic." Yuqi laughed at her own joke. Her father was discussing the new building that was being designed; a corporate association.

New investors from their connections to Thailand and China would be introduced to the newly formed corporation, at their orientation ball, an extravagant event that was scheduled to happen about 3-4 months from now.

A commotion, rather someone, could be heard from upstairs. Mr. Yontararak looked angry, possibly he was annoyed with the commotion?

"Nicha! Please come down here!" He shouted, and his daughter, Nicha, flew down the stairs, falling in the process.

"I'll go check on her, to make sure she's alright." Yuqi offered, and Mr. Yontararak smiled. "That would be great; you're a very nice young girl. Maybe you can meet her acquaintance, perhaps." He smirked, and Yuqi ran out of there and towards the long staircase.

"Why is he so gross?" Yuqi grimaced, shuddering. She shook off her thoughts, and ran to the staircase, to see a girl clutching her ankle.

Her hair was long, and her bangs covered her face. Yuqi could head the girl cursing, possibly in Thai.

"Hey, are you alright? I heard the commotion and I thought I—" Yuqi started, but stopped talking once she saw who it was.

"Minnie?!" "Yuqi?!" The both of them said at the same time, laughing. "What are you doing here?" Minnie asked, and Yuqi laughed. "My father is the investor, Mr. Song. Apparently he's working with your father?" Yuqi responded, and Minnie smiled.

"I guess so. I'll explain more in a little bit, but I can't walk right now." Minnie winced, and Yuqi's eyes flooded with worry.

"I'll be right back, I'll just go let your father know that you fell." Yuqi started, but Minnie grabbed her wrist, holding on tightly.

"I-It's alright. Please don't tell him; I have a first aid kit in my room, can you take me there instead?" Minnie begged, and Yuqi sighed, slightly confused.

"Wouldn't her father want to know? I don't want to rub them the wrong way though, I might as well as just listen to her for now." Yuqi concluded.

"Ah, alright. I guess I'll have to carry you." Yuqi said, and Minnie whimpered, blushing heavily. Yuqi grabbed Minnie's hands, wrapping them around her neck. Then she grabbed Minnie's legs, and wrapped them around her torso. The position was controversial, and without context, it would definitely look like something else.

Minnie's face was beet red, while Yuqi had a look of amusement on her face. Yes, the position was slightly embarrassing on her end as well, but that was the only way to carry her without hurting her further.

"Is this alright? I'm not hurting you, right?" Yuqi asked, checking to make sure Minnie wasn't in pain. Minnie blushed, hiding her face in Yuqi's neck.

"Why do I feel so hot and bothered?" Minnie thought, and scolded herself for thinking that way about a friend; a straight girl at that.

"Uh-I-yes, I'm fine." Minnie stuttered, and Yuqi laughed. Still holding onto her, Yuqi trekked up the large staircase, following Minnie's directions, until they arrived at her room.

"Holy shit." Yuqi whispered, and Minnie giggled. "I'm sorry it's so extravagant." Minnie responded, and Yuqi shook her head.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. This is just a lot for me, that's all." Yuqi responded, her jaw on the floor from looking at the size and fanciness of Minnie's room.

They moved to Minnie's bed, where Yuqi set her down gently. "The kit is in the bathroom, first drawer down." Minnie explained, and Yuqi nodded, running into the bathroom to get the kit.

"I wish she could take care of me forever." Minnie thought, laughing at such a thought. It wouldn't ever happen anyways.