long time, no see

lol hi everyone. I promise this is the last time I'll bring this up, but I'll be posting a couple of chapters from my newest book "devil's advocate" in a little bit, so please check it out if you can! anyways, enjoy the chapter!

Shuhua was ecstatic. Seeing Kuanlin had not been part of her plan at all.

Shuhua and Kuanlin went way back, all the way to when they were both in elementary school. He had been getting bullied really badly by their fellow classmates, and little Shuhua just knew that she had to stick up for him, so she did.

The two have been best friends ever since, and Kuanlin was even the first person that Shuhua went to when she came out as gay. The two have been there for each other since the beginning, and despite the amount of sadness he would feel, he even encouraged her move to South Korea for a better future, away from her parents.

After she introduced herself to Lucas, Yeri looked at her, well aware that she did indeed know Kuanlin way before.

"I'll let you two catch up, and I'll show Lucas around really quickly. Don't waste too much time though, we still need to get footage of the dance performances for the news." Yeri said, and Shuhua nodded, as she took Lucas outside of the room to go show him around.

"Long time, no see, huh?" Kuanlin whispered, while Shuhua had tears in her eyes. She was still in a state of shock, and she really missed him.

"I have so many questions." Shuhua said, dumbfounded. Kuanlin laughed, and grabbed her hand, leading her to a bench where they could talk.

"Do you remember how we always used to take pictures with my mother's polaroid when we were little?" Kuanlin asked, smiling as he reminisced on the good old days; the days before their lives became all sorts of complicated.

"Yes, of course. How could I ever forget that?" Shuhua laughed, a smile still outlining her features brightly. This was the best possible distraction ever.

"Well, it looks like we both kept our passion of photography. Our journalism teacher convinced my parents to send me here in Korea, so that I could get the best out of my talent, perhaps. So, here I am!" Kuanlin cheered, while Shuhua had her mouth open from so much shock.

"Wait. Mr. Yang sent you?!" Shuhua asked, laughing her ass off. She was in the same journalism class as Kuanlin a year before she had to leave, and Mr. Yang was their favorite teacher.

"Yes!" Kuanlin responded, and the two doubled over in laughter.

Yeri appeared again, this time with Lucas, who looked at the two, who seemed reminiscent of him and Yuqi. "I hope she's happy." He thought, snapping out of his thoughts when Yeri was calling out to him.

"Are you alright? We have to go to the auditorium now, Shuhua's friends are about to perform!" Yeri cheered, and Lucas laughed.

"Sorry, I just spaced out. Lead the way!" Lucas let out a small smile, while Yeri started walking ahead of him.

The auditorium was filled with people, as the ASC was a huge deal. Lucas was still confused on what exactly was happening, so he just followed Shuhua and Yeri into a row of seats, that were strictly prohibited for journalists.

The lights dimmed, indicating a performance was about to start.

"Get it girls!" Shuhua shouted, as her friends started to walk onto the stage. Miyeon laughed, she recognized Shuhua's voice from anywhere.

Latin music started to boom across the stadium, and the lights started to open up on each member, one by one.

Lucas was intrigued, up until his eyes landed on someone so familiar to him, the girl of his dreams, the girl he never thought he would ever see again.