time after time

(this chapter takes place at the same time as the beginning of the last chapter, before the 2 month flashback. This is 4 months after "wise one". I was also thinking of maybe making a fic based off of the oh my god m/v, it would be centered around the 3 main ships instead of just one. Let me know what you guys think, and if you would be up for reading that!)

4 months later

Ever since Soojin let the one person in her life that loved her slip away, she hadn't been the same since.

Shuhua, on the other hand, was completely fine, believe it or not. Yes, she was very much still upset with Soojin, but she didn't let it get to her.

In fact, some parts of her life were now easier without worrying about Soojin 24/7.

As for Soojin herself, the girl was still distraught, still caught up in the opinions of others. It was like everything Shuhua said went out of the window, the girl included.

The two chose to never speak about it, except for an exception, Song Yuqi. Shuhua and Yuqi were practically inseparable these days, so of course Shuhua had told Yuqi everything.

This time around, Shuhua had decided to take a different approach to the situation. She didn't move tables, she didn't ignore anyone, rather she did the opposite.

She stayed at the lunch table, and even talked to Soojin like nothing happened, while Soojin could barely form any coherent answers when Shuhua would ask her what the homework was, or if she ate today.

There were more important things to worry about however, rather than Soojin's internal dilemma and Shuhua's rebellious nature.

The ASC (annual school competition) was coming up again, and this time, JYP High was determined to win it.

The ASC was a yearly competition that pitted the three most successful schools of Korea against each other; YG, SM, and JYP. It was a combination of sports, clubs, and music, and the schools would be rated based on their overall performance in those specific categories.

Last year, their dance team wasn't prepared enough, and therefore they lost to SM. Soojin, being the dance captain, wouldn't let that happen again.

She bit into her apple, as she complained to Miyeon about last year's disaster.

"We can't loose to them again! It's not my fault that Jessica didn't prepare us enough last year." Soojin complained to Miyeon, who was heavily amused. Watching Soojin get annoyed about something was quality entertainment.

"What is she talking about?" Yuqi asked Minnie, who was adjacent from her.

"We have a competition every year based off of sports and clubs against the other popular schools. I'm personally not that invested but the students here are crazy, look at Soojin." Minnie answered her, pointing her finger towards the cherry who's face looked exasperated.

Shuhua was observing Soojin's conversation, clearly delving into her own train of thought. Yuqi tapped her shoulder, letting her hand linger for a split second.

"Are you still doing the dance with us?" Yuqi asked Shuhua, who's blurred mind snapped back into reality, as she blinked her eyes a couple of times.

"I wasn't planning on it. The paper needs heavy coverage, and we're getting a new photographer in 3 days to help Yeri and I out a little bit. He's supposedly a foreigner as well, so they sent me to mentor him and I can't do that if I'm too worried about dance positions." Shuhua answered knowingly, while Yuqi pondered for a second.