good luck, my friend

There it was. JYP high-school. Yuqi was standing right in front of the lobby, but hesitated to walk in. She had gotten a call from the school's principal, Mrs. Park Bom, a couple of days ago, who told her to stop by the office so that she could get her schedule.

If only that was as easy as she made it sound. The school was huge, and Yuqi didn't know anyone. It looked like a damn maze, with tons of people bumping into her and going around her in all sorts of different directions.

"How the fuck am I supposed to find the office when I don't know where to go? Isn't that the whole point?!" Yuqi huffed, she was already homesick and not happy.

She turned to look at her map again, but it made no sense. The map was in full korean, so she would have to concentrate in order to read it; that was impossible right now when she didn't even know who to talk to and where to go.

"I never thought I would miss knowing the way around a school building. This is so stupid!" Yuqi pouted, and tried flipping the map up and down to see if that would do anything.

She felt a tap on the shoulder, and turned around. A tall girl with rose gold blonde hair smiled at her, and Yuqi looked behind her to see if that's who she was referring to.

"I'm talking to you, not the bush." The girl laughed, and Yuqi felt embarrassed.

"Sorry, I'm new here and I can't find anything out." Yuqi reasoned, and the girl nodded knowingly.

"You're a foreigner, aren't you?" The girl asked, and Yuqi nodded. "Is it that obvious?" She thought.

"Don't worry, I was once a foreigner too. I'm Park Chaeyoung, but you can call me Roseanne. We already have enough Chaeyoung's here and I like my western name better anyway." Roseanne explained, and Yuqi cracked a small smile.

"She's not so bad. A foreigner too, hopefully I can be friends with her or something." Yuqi thought; she wanted to surround herself with people that would be tolerant of the fact that she was a foreigner. What better way to do that than surrounding yourself with other foreigners?

"You're probably being sent to the office by Mrs. Park, right? Come on, I'll take you there!" Roseanne cheered, and Yuqi looked amused.

"Shit. That was easier than I thought." She told herself.

So they went. The walk to the office was about 7 minutes give or take, which gave Roseanne time to fill Yuqi in on the news at the school for this year.

"There's a couple of things you need to know before you meet anyone else here. First off, our school is competitive in all aspects; academics, sports, and music are very important to us here, so if you join a club or section, be prepared to practice all the time." Roseanne started, and Yuqi wasn't surprised.

"That's what you're obnoxious ass website said too." She laughed to herself; Yuqi's funniest companion so far was herself. It sounds sad, and it is.

"Secondly, we're established with all different kinds of groups and cliques. I would argue that I'm part of the normalized group, the one that gets along with everyone. We're called Blackpink, but we just go by the name Blinks." Roseanne continued, and Yuqi laughed.

"Why does this sound like a movie?" Yuqi joked, and Roseanne laughed. Yuqi was right, this sounded like it was straight out of Mean Girls.

"It does! Anyways, we have other groups too. TWICE are the funniest girls out of our groups we have here, and arguably one of the most popular. Next to them, we have Red Velvet, the untouchables. They're super exclusive, and seem to have something against all of us, except for BTS, which is your classic fuck boy group. Lastly, the most popular clique of our school is (g)idle. Those girls are considered holy grails, people even make fan pages and signs for them." Roseanne finished, and Yuqi was taken aback by all of the information.

"This is definitely out of a movie! Where is this office? We've been walking for at least 5 minutes." Yuqi asked, and Roseanne stopped walking.

"We're here. It was nice meeting you. What's your name again?" Roseanne asked, and Yuqi laughed. She had totally forgotten to tell the other girl her name.

"Song Yuqi, but you can call me Yuqi. Thanks for the help!" Yuqi responded, and Roseanne smiled and left. Now she was standing in front of the office.

"Here goes nothing." Yuqi took a deep breath and walked into the office. An older woman sat in the chair, with two younger girls sitting across from her. Yuqi became flustered; maybe she had the wrong room?

"Am I interrupting something? I'm sorry, I'm new here and I'm looking for Mrs. Park." Yuqi apologized, and Park Bom laughed.

"You must be Yuqi, right?" Bom asked, and Yuqi nodded. "I'm Mrs.Park, and these two girls are Park Jihyo and Chou Tzuyu. They're here to show you around!" Mrs. Park explained, and Yuqi just nodded.

"Is the whole faculty here to show me around or something?" Yuqi thought, she would be getting help again for the second time already. She hadn't even been inside the school for more than 15 minutes and she was already getting help.

A girl with blonde short hair approached her, presumably Jihyo. "Hello, I'm Jihyo, the class president! Nice to meet you Yuqi!" Jihyo cheered, and Yuqi smiled.

"This girl is like a walking ray of sunshine." Yuqi thought, Jihyo's positive nature was unmatched by anyone she's seen so far.

The other girl was very tall, with long dark brown hair. "She doesn't look korean." Yuqi thought, perhaps Tzuyu or whatever her name was is a foreigner too.

"Yes, I'm also a foreigner. I'm from Taiwan. I'm aware that you're Chinese. Nice to meet you, I hope we can be friends." Tzuyu introduced herself, calmly. She was quite in contrast to Jihyo.

Yuqi introduced herself next, and stopped when she saw Jihyo's jacket. It was white and green, with large TW on the front pocket. "T? Twice? Are they in Twice?" Yuqi thought, that would make sense; both girls were pretty friendly.

Jihyo handed Yuqi her schedule. "We all have chemistry together, come on!" Jihyo cheered, and dragged Tzuyu and Yuqi towards their classroom.