i'll always be with you

Disclaimer: this chapter will feature depictions of violence, profound language and sexual abuse that can be triggering for some. I apologize if the descriptions aren't correct, or if they are romanticizing in any way, that truly isn't my intention here!

There will be one more short chapter after this, but this is basically the end of this book. The sequel will be coming out shortly, so luckily, Minnie and Yuqi's story hasn't ended just yet.

The light blared in Yuqi's eyes, her ears becoming accustomed to the faint sounds of the birds chirping, as she snuggled deeper into Minnie's pillow, the events of last night swarming her mind in a frenzy, a happy one at that.

She looked to her left quickly, pouting when there was no trace of her lover. She blinked her eyes a couple of times, allowing them to adjust to her surroundings as she slowly started to raise her body out of the bed, catching a note in her peripheral vision.

Hey baby,

By the time you're reading this, I'm sure I've already left the house by now. I'm leaving for the store to go get some things for breakfast.

I love you, and I miss you already! <3333

Your favorite person, Minnie

Yuqi smiled brightly at the photo; her girlfriend was always so thoughtful and sweet.

"How did I end up with such a great person?" Yuqi thought, her morning was now made, as she slipped into Minnie's sweatshirt and comfortable shorts.

Yuqi looked at her silver ring, the promise she made to Minnie that they would be together, no matter what society throws at them.

She sure hoped that it remained true.

Yuqi made her way into the living room, not bothering to cover her neck up, as Minnie would be the only one to see it anyways. They were planning on spending the day together, relaxing, per usual.

At least, that's what they were planning to do, before it all crumbled beneath their eyes, threatening to never appear again.

"Holy shit." A voice breathed out, as Yuqi panicked, the voice did not belong to Minnie, instead to someone much older, and much rougher.

"M--M--Mr. Yon--Yontararak!" Yuqi stuttered, as she turned to face the man, his face stoic and clad, his suit dirtied and in ruins, as he stared at her like a bull with steam coming out of it's ears.

"Why the fuck are you in my house?!" He asked, coming closer to Yuqi, as she whimpered, back up as much as she could.

"I--was just watching TV with your daughter, that's all!" Yuqi nervously laughed, feeling highly on edge as Minnie's father kept advancing towards her, soon her back would hit the wall and she would be trapped.

"Hickies on your neck are not part of watching TV, are they?" He whispered in her ear, as he trapped her onto the wall, holding her wrists tightly.

Yuqi could feel the alcohol in his breath, shaking as he gripped her wrists too tightly for anyone's liking. That would most definitely leave bruises later.

"You fucking slept with my daughter, didn't you? You whore!" He cursed in her face, as Yuqi cried, his grip on her wrists searing like a burning hot oven.

"I didn't do anything, I swear!" Yuqi was helplessly in tears by now, the man was scaring the daylights out of her.

Silence consumed the two, as Yuqi was shaking, threatening to fall out of his grip, therefore he tightened it even more, as if that was even necessary.