match maker

Minnie felt her heart break into a million pieces, ten times over, when she watched the love of her life run off with someone else.

Minnie didn't blame Yuqi at all, she blamed herself. She blamed herself for so blindly traveling through the water, especially when there were sharks at bay.

The only person who didn't seem to blame her, was none other than Seo Soojin. That was the only night where Minnie has ever heard Soojin sound so regretful.

Minnie sat outside of the school, on one of the benches in the courtyard. She could see her breath in the air, and she was freezing, but she didn't care---not when Yuqi had chosen someone else. She would never be good enough for her anyways.

The door swung open, but Minnie ignored it; she was too busy trying to control her emotions.

Soojin walked over towards Minnie, immediately recognizing her best friend's hair.

"Mind if I take a seat?" She asked Minnie, who let out a bitter laugh, pointing her finger towards the spot next to her.

"Do you ever feel so pathetic, that you can't help but laugh at yourself?" Minnie asked softly, watching her breath minimalize in the air, while Soojin sighed.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Soojin responded, laughing, but her laugh had no depth, just shallow pain, brimming along the surface.

"I guess we both fucked up, huh?" Minnie replied, putting her head in her hands.

"Don't blame yourself yet, Min. As far as you know, Yuqi could love him as a bestfriend, and that's it. You were aware, and confident enough in yourself to feel something, that something that I completely lack." Soojin reassured Minnie, who was slightly taken aback at such a sensitive Soojin.

In all of her years of knowing the girl, Soojin has always been satisfied with listening to others, rather than listening to herself. It was quite uncanny, and honestly pathetic, as both girls were sitting in the cold, delving into both their regrets.

"Can I ask you something, Jin?" Minnie asked Soojin, who nodded, a small sad smile outlining her features.

"If you're aware of your image issues, why can't you stop them? I understand that certain people will do things with total ignorance, but you seem to be perfectly educated in the fact that there's a problem." Minnie wondered; she never knew the answer to such questions.

"I have a family name to protect, Min. My mother has stressed throughout my life that I needed to always be conscious of everything around me; if she found out that I was dating a girl, it would be over for me." Soojin sighed, now she took the initiative to put her head in her hands, copying Minnie moments ago.

"Looks like I'm not the only one with shitty parents, huh?" Minnie laughed bitterly, and Soojin's eyebrow raised a little.

"Don't tell me your part of the homophobic parents club too?" Soojin asked, emphasizing the name.

"Sure am. I even got a badge!" Minnie laughed.

Soojin was always great company, but Minnie felt something different tonight. This was the first time she had seen this side of Soojin before; the one that leans on others, rather than dealing with everything on her own.

"You love her, don't you?" Minnie asked knowingly, and waited for the exact answer she predicted.

"Of course I do. I just feel like I would be burdening her with all of my issues, especially since I wouldn't ever be able to introduce her to my parents as my girlfriend.

Shuhua is so confident. She deserves someone who would embrace that confidence, rather than hide it. Seeing her with Kuanlin opened my eyes a little, honestly. He would be able to offer her so much more than I can. She deserves the world." Soojin finished, tearing up a little.

"She doesn't love Kuanlin, though. She loves you, Jin. I'm sure if you just talked to her, that she would listen. Shuhua is a very mature girl, she would understand, I trust her." Minnie responded, happy to play match maker for her two best friends.

"You have a point there, Min. Shit. You're totally right. I totally fucked this whole thing up, didn't I?" Soojin laughed, this time, with some depth in it.

Minnie was glad to hear that. 

"You're not the only one. I know I shouldn't be upset, especially since nothing has been confirmed yet, but I can't help but worry that Yuqi is gonna go back to him.

I mean, why wouldn't she? He's perfect for her." Minnie sighed, while Soojin wanted to smack her with a slipper.

"How do you know if she wants perfect? What if she wants you instead? Minnie, you can't run into things without thinking completely first. Don't assume anything until it actually happens." Soojin said back; kicking herself since she totally should've listened to her own advice there.

"You have a point too, Jin. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it." Minnie smiled, and Soojin returned a toothless grin.

"Anytime, Min."

this chapter was meant to catch up to where we are now, without me having to write a ridiculously long chapter lol. i figured i would just separate this into its own chapter. next chapter is the ball, so that chapter will be much longer.

thank you all for such support on my stories. I really love reading some of the comments since you guys are so funny! I'm actually really happy with how this story is coming out so far, and my other story "devil's advocate" (shameless story plug----I'm so annoying IM SORRY) seems to be coming out better than i thought too.

I love you guys, and see you next chapter!