a calm morning

Hey everyone! I hope you're doing well! I'm sorry for the lack of updates and such, things have been very hectic lately. I'm gonna try to push out some updates today, and whenever I have time. Thank you for all of the love and support on this story, as well as on my other ones. I really, really, appreciate it! This chapter is kind of a filler chapter, since I wanted to include some fluff and stuff. Oh, that rhymed. Enjoy lmao

Yuqi hadn't indulged in a wink of sleep since Minnie dropped her back home.

How could she sleep when her mind moved a mile per minute?

She loomed in a semi-permanent state of haziness, one where she considered her feelings, the most confusing thing ever. Yuqi was always a logical person; she could figure out the answer to any equation. It bugged her when her feelings were clouded, not as transparent as she expected them to be.

She sat outside of her balcony, it was 6:00 am. The sky painted a perfect canvas, splotches of red, orange, yellow, and light blue outlining the crystal dome.

With a cup of coffee in her hand, she sighed, admiring the faint noises of the birds, as well as the minimalistic cars that passed by, so early in the morning.

It was difficult in itself, there is always so much to uncover within herself.

As much as she tried to think about something else, anything else, the thought of big brown eyes and a gleaming smile always infiltrated her mind.

Everything always came back to Minnie.

Minnie, the girl of the hour, of all of Yuqi's hours. She had been through a rough portion, considering her father is not only an asshole, but abusive as well. It's unfortunate that people simply get handed better cards in life than others.

Yuqi wanted nothing more than to protect the girl from the world, the world that tainted innocence, a world full of pain and bad cards.

Her love for the older girl was suffocating, but Yuqi didn't mind drowning. She rather invited it; the loss of her mother had tampered with her emotions, numbing them indefinitely.

She was excited to feel again, to experience a new kind of love, perhaps.

Yuqi thought about Lucas too. The boy had always been there for her, from the beginning until now. Yuqi felt a pang of guilt, as she wasn't able to give the boy the love he deserved. Not when her heart was reserved for someone else.

She was afraid, though. Deeply afraid of the possible problems that could come out of a relationship with Minnie. She wanted to be with her, of course, but Minnie also has some things that Yuqi could make worse, and she wouldn't want to put the girl in danger.

Mr. Song wasn't home again, she would have to fend for herself today. The weekend was liberating, minus all of the homework she had spent time doing, a filler for her mind while she stayed up all night.

3 hours later, and here she was, sitting with Shuhua at her favorite café, with a second cup of caramel coffee in her hand. She let the sweetness linger on her lips, as Shuhua sighed for a moment, taking in her surroundings and observing.

"I'm assuming that yesterday went well?" Shuhua asked, savoring the flavor of her drink as Yuqi bashfully smiled, her hand hitting the inside of her thigh gently.

"Very well. It was a refresher, you know?" Yuqi answered, as Shuhua's cheeky grin widened slightly, a telltale sign of her happiness for her friend.

"I don't doubt that, especially after the shit show that we've been through. I think Soojin's trying again." Shuhua noted, while Yuqi gazed at her.

"Really? Took her long enough." Yuqi responded, in a mocking tone.

"She needed time, I guess. These flaws and worries that we have can be our downfall, that is, if we succumb to it." Shuhua rubbed her eyes a little, fixing the loose strands of her hair.

"Perhaps it just clicked for her?" Yuqi asked, although it was more rhetorically based.

"Reminds me of Soyeon and Miyeon. Those two were so contrastingly different at first." Shuhua reminisced, and Yuqi's eyebrow furrowed.

She wasn't around for the beginning, rather she could only use her observations from this period in time.

"Soyeon was a total skater nerd. Still is, but she relaxed a little. Miyeon was very bubbly and cheerful, a girl who wanted nothing more than to befriend the loner girl who sat in front of her." Shuhua started, while Yuqi listened intently.

"Soyeon had been closed off, for reasons I still don't know, and probably won't ever find out. Miyeon somehow managed to crack her shell, and now they're dating, although I'm not supposed to know that last bit." Shuhua laughed lightly, a warm smile bringing itself to her lips.

"Do you ever miss Taiwan?" Yuqi asked out of nowhere, surprising Shuhua, who had her mouth slightly agape.

"Yeah, sometimes I do. Although I've grown accustomed to Korea, nothing beats home." Shuhua answered, rather than asking why.

She knew the girl across from her too well to ask why. Yuqi would tell her in seconds, she was positive.

"I feel conflicted, in a sense. Beijing is so familiar, but Korea is exciting. I guess I might be scared, maybe. These feelings of unfamiliarity are confusing me." Yuqi answered.

"Ah, now this makes sense." Shuhua thought, a teasing smile appearing from her mouth,

"I know that Lucas is familiar to you, Yuqi, but you shouldn't deny yourself the possibility of something new. I'm aware that you're probably afraid of the consequences, but nothing in life is ever easy if it's worthwhile, Yuqi.

If you really love her, you'll always find your way back to her." Shuhua responded, while Yuqi pondered, her foot lightly tapping the wooden board below it.

"Think about it, Qi. I'm having some people over tomorrow, why don't you stop by? You know my address." Shuhua smirked, helping Yuqi out of her chair.

"I'll be there. See you soon." Yuqi replied, letting Shuhua bid her goodbye, as she stood there for a second, watching Shuhua walk out of the door.

"Is something really worth it, even if it'll have major consequences?" Yuqi thought, grabbing her bag and walking out of the glass door, following the cobblestone path to her next destination.