Chapter 2

Shubman

I still couldn't stop thinking about her. She was so different, so magnificently beautiful, there was just quite something about her. She was damn bold and confident on the stage. To be honest, I wasn't paying one bit of attention to the function, she had me mesmerized in those beautiful brown eyes of her. I was broken out of my trance by the sound of something falling off and that's when I realised that Deepak Chahar had clean bowled me.

Yes, I am at practice and yes, I know that I'm supposed to focus, but I can't. I just can't stop thinking about Alisha. I shook my head and walked off the field.

"Shubman!" KL bhai shouted and jogged towards me.

"Haa bhai?" I asked him.

"What happened to you? You were really lost while practising today. First, you missed the catch, then you were clean bowled. Kya hua? Any problem at home?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Anyways, it's alright. It happens sometimes. I just wanted to let you know that if you need someone to talk to, I am here for you." He's really the most understanding guy. He and Neha bhabhi look really cute together, not only that but their daughter Aditi is literally my girl best friend. She knows me really well. Although, I miss her a lot ever since she left for Harvard.

I smiled at him, muttered a 'thanks' and walked off.

***

I was busy watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S when I got a call. It was Aditi. Obviously, she was facetiming  me to bug me about her first day at Harvard. I picked it up.

"Hey Shubman," she said and was grinning ear to ear.

"Looks like someone had a great first day." I said smiling.

"Oh my god! It was amazing. The campus is so freaking cool and the dorms are great by the way. The lectures are so great. I never thought that I'd enjoy Harvard so much and guess what? I signed up for the soccer team and tomorrow are my trials." She said in one go and sighed. I laughed at her.

"You're so crazy Aditi. Why did you have to go 8259 miles away from me? I miss you stupid." I ask her.

"That's because even if I have my Lee Flynn with me right now, I still have to find my Noah Flynn. Why don't you fly down here and meet me?" She states casually. God! This girl has made me actually like Chick Flicks.

"Nahi, nahi, bandaro se milne ke liye time nahi hein mere paas. Aur tujh jaise bandar to Sanjay Gandhi National Park mein hone chahiye." I proudly state.

"Chuttiya kahi ka! Agli baar kisi ladki ko patana hoga toh mujhe mat yaad karna."  She huffs and I start thinking about Alisha again.

"Bata mere bhai abb, kis ladki pein marr raha hein tu?" She asks me her eyes widened and a smirk playing on her face.

"Teko kaise malum?" I question her.

"Dude, I'm your best friend. Obviously I know you. Trust me, there's no one who can understand your gibberish talks better than me."

"Aditi, I am so very offended by this," I say and pretend to be hurt by her words.

"Chal, now tell me, who's the girl?"

"Okay, her name's Alisha. She goes to St. Xavier's College at Churchgate. She's in 11th grade."

"So proud to hear about you falling for someone from my college. Wait, what did you just say, she's in 11th grade? Shubman you do realize the fact that she's just 16 right? I mean she's 6 freaking years younger to you!" She explains it to me and she's right. God! I hate it when she's right!

"I know that Aditi but I just can't help falling for her. I mean she was just so different, she was so beautiful and bold in her way."

"Shubman, think this through. I'm not saying that you shouldn't date her, but let me just put up a few things in front of you so that you could think logically. Fact number one, how well do you actually know her? Fact number two, are you sure that this isn't an infatuation? Fact number three, do you think that that girl really likes you?"

Wow! She should definitely become a lawyer or a detective. She just knows how to talk sense into people. Rahul bhai told me that Neha bhabhi could do this. I guess they're just genes.

"Okay, Aditi so here's what I know. Firstly, I don't know anything about her except for the fact that she's the head of the student council at Xavier's. Secondly, I'm pretty sure this ain't an infatuation and thirdly, which girl doesn't fall for Shubman Gill. I think I'll just ask her out."

"What?! No. Are you crazy Shubman? Do you want her to run away from you? Well, this will definitely give her a reason to. First things first, become great friends with her, secondly you should give that infatuation thing another thought and thirdly, there are people who don't fall for the Shubman Gill, starting with the one who you're talking to right now." She calmly explains it to me and everything starts making sense.

"Alright ma'am I'll follow your orders."

"Good, so I'll go and draft a plan overnight and then we'll execute it  tomorrow onwards." She tells me and a smile creeps up on my face.

"You're the best yaar. I don't know what I'd do without you." I thank her.

"Good, now go sleep, it's late."

"Aye, aye, captain!" I say and she laughs.

***
Hola people!

I'm back with another chapter and to all my new readers who are reading this story. If you'll want to know a little backstory about Neha and Aditi, you'll should check out my book You belong with me (a KL Rahul fanfiction) and don't forget to vote and comment down below. Your comments make my day. Love you guys!

Adios Amigos!