Chapter 10

Alisha

"And, there goes the ball in the air and it's a six! Yes ladies and gentlemen Shubman Gill leads The Kolkata Knight Riders to their win once again!" The commentator said and I grinned widely at the television.

"Why are you so happy? Since when do you support KKR?" My dad asked me.

"No, I'm not supporting KKR dad, its just that I liked how this shot went, even though MSD lost." I reply.

"If they play like this, specifically this new Shubman guy, Mumbai will have to gear up even better." My uncle remarks and I shrug.

"Chalo, let's go to sleep its 11:30. Alisha chala jhopayla." I nod and take my phone to text Shubman.

Me: You were on fire crazy ass! I am so proud of you. Call me back soon. I'll be waiting!

***

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Alisha, tu kya phone pe hi bethi thi?" He jokes and laughs.

"1 baj raha hein Shubman." I whisper back, "ghar pe sab so rahe hein. Mein yaha washroom se baat kar rahi hu takle." He laughs again.

"How was the match?" He asks.

"Bakwas" I joke.

"Alli, seriously?"

"No you doofus, you played well." I tell him.

"I wish you could be in the stands with me, besides I'm sick of third wheeling Simran and Abhay."

"I miss you too yaar. Trust me, I'm dying to see you, its been a month. Are the two of them official yet?"

"No not yet, I mean they know they like each other but they're a bit scared to confess their feelings and trust me Abhay's always flirting with her." I giggle at that.

"I'll play cupid for them chill." He laughs.

"So you're still going to crossword tomorrow?"

"Yep, still going."

"Can you do me a favour, Alli?"

"Depends on what it is."

"I want you to go down to my apartment and just check things up once. Its been a while since I've been there and please dont start cleaning. I promise I'll do that once I am back." I laugh.

"I'm sorry if I cant help but clean your apartment that's just how I am. You need to remember that I am a virgo and virgo's are perfectionists." I explain.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yep. There has got to be atleast one match in Wankhede. I miss you so much, yaar."

"Soon, have patience. Concentrate kar padhne pe. You're promoted to 12th idiot. Jyada miss mat par meko." He tells me.

"What do you even mean by that? Besides I came first in the entire 11th grade. Every single person in my house is dead set on me studying full time, I am sick by this yaar. Now I don't need you to tell me don't miss me! Of course I miss you because I love you." I let out in one breath. Did I just admit out loud that I love him? Fuck!

"Alisha Jadhav did I just hear you say that you love me?" He laughs.

"Yes you did and there's no reason to make a fuss out of it." I say.

"Truth be told, Miss Jadhav, I love you to the moon and back." I blush.

"Alisha stop blushing." He tells me. I blush again.

"How did you know I was blushing?" I ask him.

"Obviously I know what my girlfriend is up to." He stresses on the word girlfriend and I smile.

"And your girlfriend here is telling you to go off to sleep 'cause you have practice early tomorrow morning." I scold him.

"Aye, aye captain! Good night! Love you!" He tells making me grin wide.

"Love you too."

That night. I go to bed the as the happiest person ever. I had never expected to be this happy because of a guy. The little things in life do make you happy after all!

***
Salut mes amis!

I'm back with a new update and this was just a filler chapter so please dont go all HULK on me. I promise the next one will be better and it will have a lot of Shubman and Alisha moments along with the official entry of a new character.

Comment down below what you think should be the ship name of Alisha and Shubman. I'll make sure to use the best ship name in the upcoming chapters. Dont forget  to vote either. Till then goodbye!

Lots of love. Stay safe guys!