Chapter 23

Alisha

There's a knock on my door and I look up from my book and huff. Shubman walks in.

"Alli, you're still studying?" Shubman groans.

"Hmm hmm." My neck is aching so so bad.

"Alli, you didn't even finish your lunch! I know studying is important but so is lunch." He scolds me and I just nod.

"Sorry mom!" I say sarcastically and he just shakes his head.

"That's it. I've had enough. I left for practice at 9 and you were studying, I came back and dropped lunch for you, you were still studying. I went to the mall, returned, went for practice and returned back home and you're still studying?! Like seriously, get out of the bed and let's have dinner." He scolds me again and I just roll my eyes.

"Why are you studying so much?"

"Because finals are coming up and this mini vacation that I got from my college is technically for studying and not to make trips to London." I complain.

"Okay, you know what? You are coming to watch me play for tomorrow's match."

"But Shub-"

"No, definitely no excuses." I pout at him.

"My excuse is that, my parents still don't know that I have been dating a so called cricketer from the past 5 years. If even by chance the paparazzi catches me, my parents will freak the fuck out." I remark. This has got to be the reason why I can stay at home.

"You sure do have a point but I am not going to be giving you another excuse to stay at home. Aditi is coming up too tomorrow, after all it's her dad's playing. So you can hangout with her." I frown.

"You won't take no for an answer, do you?" I question him.

"Nope." I sigh and shake my head.

"Alright, alright you win!" I throw my hands up in the air and he just chuckles.

***

"Alli, chill, I know it's your first time watching me play in the stadium but you gotta relax." He told me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shubman Gill I'm not nervous because its your match. I'm nervous because you got freaking VIP lounge tickets. Like dude! It'll be impossible to stop the inner fangirl!" I yell and he laughs.

"Just hangout with Aditi, okay?" I nod and we enter the stadium.

"Alli! Over here!" Aditi yells waving, I wave back at her and look at Shubman.

"Go, have fun please!" He says with a huge grin on his face. I smile back at him.

"I will." He kisses me on the forehead and disappears somewhere meanwhile me and Aditi make our way up to the stands.

"So who all are going to be there?" I ask her.

"Just the usual people." She shrugs.

"Like who, exactly?"

"The playing 11 along with some more cricketers, their coaches. My maa, her bff Asfiya, Anushka mami, Sakshi chachi, Pankhuri chachi, etc. arrey just the usual people, chill." She says casually and my face turns pale.

"Oh and Simran is also going to be there but she'll probably be down with the team, considering she's now the official physio of the team. Alli breathe. Chill. Everyone is going to like you." I manage to nod and she takes my hand as we make our way upstairs.

"Hey ma." She says and I see the Neha Shergill KL. She's such a badass. Oh my god!

"Hey Aditi, where were you?"

"Gone to get her, anyway this is Alisha. My roommate and bff."

"Hi Alisha."

"Hello ma'am. I'm a huge fan." I say and we shake hands.

"Honey, don't call me ma'am, call me Neha please."

"Okay ma'- I mean Neha di." She smiles at me.

"You'll get used to it, come on let's meet the others." Neha smiles at me and Aditi pats on my back.

"Guys, this is Alisha. Aditi's bff and roommate." Neha says and all turn around. I see Sakshi Dhoni, Pankhuri Pandya, Ayesha Dhawan, Ritika Sharma and the one and only Anushka Sharma Kohli. I freeze for a moment.

"Hello Alisha." Sakshi Dhoni says.

"Hello ma'am."

"Cut the ma'am thing already, call us by our names or di. I'm sure you know all of us." I nod.

"So how's college you two?" Anushka di asks us and me and Aditi both make a face while they laugh at us.

"Alliiiiii!" I hear someone yell and I tirn around to see Abhishek coming towards me.

"You cameeeeee!" He yells again.

"God! Abhishek, stop yelling!" Aditi hits him on the arm.

"How do you know him Alisha?" Ritika di asks and before I could answer I feel two arms wrap around my waist and kiss my forehead. I look up to see my boyfriend grinning at me.

"Ohh, so you're 'The Alisha'," Neha di says and I just look at Shubman in confusion.

"Bhabhi nooo! Don't!" Shubman whines.

"What? What's going on?" I ask and Aditi bursts out laughing.

"You have absolutely no idea, how much your boyfriend talks about you." I hear a voice and see KL Rahul talking. I freeze again.

"Dad, don't give her a heart attack by appearing like this." Aditi scolds her dad.

"Yeah that is indeed true. Shubman is officially in love." MSD says and By this time I'm just starstruck.

"Fuck." I whisper and Neha di bursts out laughing.

"Sure enough now I know why she is your bestfriend Aditi. She's exactly like you." Aditi rolls her eyes.

"As much as I would love to tease you Shubman. Now even more since your girl is here, we have a match to play." Virat Kohli says and Shubman turns red and I laugh at him.

"Go, win the man of the match trophy!" I say and give him a kiss on the cheek. He blushes and I realise that I just kissed him in from of everyone. Aditi gives me a smug look and I just roll my eyes at her.

In the end, we won the series and Shubman did get the man of the match award and we all go out for dinner together. It felt like I was finally home.

***

Hey guys!!

Here's the new update, hope you'll like it. And please pardon me for not updating much since I have my exams going on. But I'll try my best to update whenever possible.

Don't forget to vote and comment down below!!

Adios Amigos!