Chapter 12

Alisha

I got up due to my alarm and rubbed my eyes. I hardly got sleep last night because I have another SAT today. My eyes fall on the calendar, it's 8 September. Oh my god! It's 8 September, today's my boyfriend's birthday and Shubmn had told me how he just wanted to get cozy with me on his couch, while watching movies, but I had different plans for him.

Since its his birthday, I decided that I would throw him a surprise party, obviously I would need help, so Kedy, Abhay, Simran and Rati had volunteered. The incharge for food was my sister and Kedy, the incharge for decor was me. I was also responsible for getting him to his huge apartment for the party.

Abhay and Simran were responsible for the invitations and other stuff. I had easily lied to my mom saying that me and Rati were going to spend the day together, to which she had no problem. There was another surprise on the way for Shubman and except Abhishek there was no one who had a clue about it.

His sister was flying fown from Punjab for this, unfortunately his parents couldn't so his sister is flying down alone. Right now, I was busy setting up the decor in his room, while Shubman, Kedy and Simran were on field. Abhay had called the day off so as to help me out.

"Earth to Alisha." I heard a voice and looked back.

"Kya hua?" I ask Abhishek.

"Lost in Shubman's thoughts?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not really, just thinking about tonight's party, I really hope it goes well." I honestly tell him.

"It will, chill. Simran and Kedy are there with him, everything is going to be awesome." I gave him a smile.

"Speaking of which, how are things going on with you and Simran?" I ask him.

"Good"

"Did you even ask her out yet, idiot?"

"Nope. Truth is I don't want to be rejected, or you know spoil our friendship if she's not interested in me, that way." He states.

"Abhay, she really likes you a lot and she thinks that she doesn't want to be the one who'll spoil your friendship. I have spoken to her and she's totally fallen for you."

"Thanks a lot Alli, you're the best." He smiled and engulfed me in a hug.

***

I was waiting outside Wankhede for Shubman to be done with his practice, it was 7 pm right now and everything was set up. The entire cricket team was going to be at the party and I had started fangirling mentally. That's when I noticed Shubman coming out of the stadium.

"Hey, birthday boy!" I chirped and hugged him.

"That's a bit too cheesy isnt it?" He asks me and we laugh.

"I got you something." I hand him the satchel from my hand and he peeps into it. I had gifted him a black shirt and a big bar of Kitkat.

"Alli, you didn't have to do this." He tells me.

"Did you like it?"

"Ofcourse I liked it."

"And, for the record, I think you'll look hot in this. Why don't you go change into this?" I smirk.

"Okay cool."

***

I texted Abhay, letting him know that we were in the building. We walked into the apartment and I turned on the lights and there was a huge shout "Surprise"

Shubman however  was a bit shocked, but he smiled and everyone started wishing him. Thats when his eyes fell on Shahneel, his sister and they both shared a hug. It felt good to see the two of them that way.

That's when my phone went ting and I looked at the email.

Dear Ms. Jadhav

We're pleased to inform you that you've been accepted in the Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts.

My head was fuzzy and I continued reading the email, which had a few instructions and some other stuff. This is amazing! My dream is coming true! I saw my boyfriend laughing with his friends and that's when realisation hit me. If I go to Boston in Massachusetts what's going to happen? Whats going to happen between us?

***

Hey guys!
Hope you'll like the update and dont forget to vote and comment down below!
Until next time!
Ciao!