Chapter 13

Shubman

I woke up due to the sunlight falling directly on my face. I rubbed my eyes and sat up on my bed, Alisha had hosted one hell of a party last night, although I don't know why she left so quick. All Igot was her note saying she has an emergency and that she needs to go. Upon texting her I found out that she's alright but something seemed really off about her yesterday. I've got to talk to her, I need to know what's bothering her, that she left me alone at my party which was hosted by her. I pick up my phone from the nightstand and put it on. There's a message from her.

Hey!
Sorry for leaving you yesterday alone yesterday at the party. I know I kinda spoiled your birthday by leaving like that but I had my reasons which I'll explain to you.
P.S. WE NEED TO TALK!

I read the email once more just to make sure I was reading it right. These are the four words we all are afraid of in a relationship. They scare the living day lights out of me. I sighed and texted her back.

Okay Alisha,
Meet me in my apartment at 5, I'll be there.

Kk. She instantly texts me back and I sigh, falling on the bed again. My phone goes ting again.

Hey bro!
I reached Punjab and lift your ass off the bed.

I already miss Shahneel. Why did she have to come for just a day?! I wish she would be here with me.

***

The door opens and Alli walks in with a small smile on her face.

"Hey" she whispers.

"Hey Alli, coffee?"

"Yeah, sure. I definitely need it." She replies and I hand over a cup of coffee to her.

"So, what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I ask her, scared to actually know her answer. She passed an envelope to me. I took it and looked at her.

"What's this Alli?"

"My letter from Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts arrived. I got in." A faint smile playing on her lips.

"Oh my God! This is amazing! I am so happy for you! Your hardwork finally paid you off. I'm so proud of you, Alli." I shriek and hug her. Somehow she's not that excited about this.

"What's wrong Alli? Why are you not excited? Wasn't this your dream college?" I question her.

"I am happy, Shubman. This letter came in today morning and yesterday nught at your party I got an email telling me that I got in."

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"Because, I was trying to figure stuff out! If I go to Harvard, what's going to happen to us? Will we do long distance or..." her voice trails off. That's when realisation hit me and I remembered Aditi. Before she left for Harvard she broke up with her boyfriend. Is that what Alisha wants?

"Are you suggesting we break up?" I ask her while raising my eyebrow.

"I'm just saying let's keep our options open. If you want us to break up we'll break up and if you want us to give long distance a shot, then we will." She states calmly.

"Alli, I dont want to give up on us, I still want to be with you even if you're going yo be 8259 miles away from me." I honestly answer.

"People say its tough."

"I don't care if its tough, all I care about is that we're together. We're Alisha and Shubman and I know that we can do this. Please don't give up on us, Alli. Please." I plead.

"I won't, I promise although I am going to miss you." She says and wipes off a tear.

"I'll miss you too, but what I'm afraid is that you and Aditi will team up together and plot against me." I cried.

She throws a pillow on my head and says "Asshat" while we laugh together.

I pull her closer to me, her head resting on my chest and I kiss her forehead and mumble "I love you."

"I love you more." She says and kisses me.

***

Hey guys!

Did you'll like this chapter? Do you think they'll be able to survive this? Also comment down below from which state you're? Don't forget to vote!

Adios Amigos!