27- Closer

"Yuna sweetheart, does your leg still hurt?" A woman asked her eight years old daughter

"No mommy!" The child cheered, walking with crutches but still smiling and having fun with patients in the hospital.

  Everybody loved her there, she was a cheerful little girl and would always make them feel happy and make their day which they mostly spent at the hospital.

"I'll go see uncle Choi in his room." She told her mom who smiled at her cute behaviour.

"Okay sweetheart, here's the number of his room." She said while handing the child a paper.

"Why? He changed room?" Yuna asked with a childish pout while closing her small fist on the paper and her mother nodded. "Okay I'll go!"

  She slowly walked with the help of crutches and one of the nurses helped her with the stairs and to her uncle in the room. She loved her uncle so much and so did he.

  They spent hours talking about random topics, either him telling her how much he loved her and wished her to become a good person and have a bright future, or she told him about school and friends along with her moments in her current life.

  The conversation soon ended because her time with him was limited, Yuna quietly left the room after waving to her uncle.

  Just as she got out she saw her father with someone else in the room in front of the one she came from.

  He was leaning to the hospital bed, and caressed someone's hair, she couldn't see who was it because of the two men blocking the view.

  She stood by the door frame, looking at every single move they were doing. One of the men was her father, the other was unknown to her and didn't even look like a doctor.

Maybe a family member...?

"Don't worry, everything will be alright." She heard that from her father, then he walked to the medical box, finally allowing his daughter to see who was on the bed.

  It was a child, just like her, probably at the same age as her, but he was a boy.

  She looked closely at him, he looked so tired and pale, his eyes kept closing and opening as if he wanted to sleep, and he had the oxygen mask on.

  Yuna was confused and only watched as her father walked back to him with a needle in his hand, which made chills run down her spine. She hated needles, she was afraid of them, she felt so bad that boy needed to take them.

"So tell me, how's school?" He asked the child softly and getting the needle ready in the same time.

"Pretty good... hyung is in the same class as me." Yuna heard his small voice for the first time and it sounded so weak.