Chapter 1: Kuhu's Unfair Demand

Hello guys, welcome to my Mishbir FF. The story starts from the day of Abir & Mishti's marriage.

Recap - Story so far:

It's the day of Mishti and Abir's marriage. After the memorable haldi ceremony with Abir and Kunal landing up at Maheshwari house to woo their would-be's, the truth of Kunal-Kuhu's divorce comes out the moment Kunal and Kuhu had patched up. Unfortunately, for Mishti, Kuhu blamed Mishti for doing it purposely. Kuhu slapped Mishti on her wedding day for revealing about her divorce papers to the family. And while Kuhu left the house after berating Mishti for all her life's problems, the Rajvansh family also took leave. Maheshwari family decided to go to Rajvansh Sadan and get Kuhu back from her failed marriage. Badi Maa didn't allow a crying Mishti to leave the house as it was her wedding day and that she cannot go to her new house without marrying Abir.

The family landed at Rajvansh Sadan to be greeted by Abir. Bade Papa hesitantly requested Abir to go to Maheshwari House and console Mishti, as she hasn't stopped crying since they left. Meanwhile, Meenakshi made Kuhu realize that she also has a right over this family and Kunal. And she shouldn't leave her rights for anyone else.

Abir landed at Mishti's place and in no time, Mishti was giggling around the house. He was the solution to all her problems. To change the mood, they decided to decorate their mandap themselves, and shooed away every helper in the house. By the time the Mandap was ready, Abir's eyes shone in happiness. They had indeed created this stage with their own hands, the place where they will become one, in a few hours from now. Abir picked Mishti up like a bride, took 7 rounds around the empty hawan kund and told her how nobody can separate them anymore.

And then came Kunal, standing in front of the duo with his head hung. He broke the news of their reconciliation, much to Abir and Mishti's happiness. It was short lived though, when Kunal dropped the bomb of Kuhu's demand.

Abir and Mishti's mandap.

*****************************

Both the families soon joined them, waiting to hear Abir and Mishti's reply. Mishti instantly looked at Abir and found the hesitation on his face. He didn't want to share his Mandap. Fair enough, it was his special day too. Mishti glanced at her family members. Badi Maa's worried look, Bade Papa and Shaurya Uncle with a straight face and Varsha aunty with her heart in her mouth – stared at them waiting for an answer.

"Kuhu ko mandap chahiye na? Samjho usey mil gaya." Mishti announced.

"Mishti, humein lagta hai aapko aur Abir ko akele mein baat kar lena chahiye." Bade Papa instantly intervened, "Yeh aap dono ka-"

"Main Mishti ki baat se sehmat hoon, Bade Papa." Abir cut him off. "Meri Bro ko jo chahiye wo milega." He said with a smile.

A wave of happiness and relief surged through each person in the hall. Varsha came forward and gave a tight hug to Mishti. All praised Mishti and Abir for their wisdom and selfless nature. Except for Jasmeet and Kuhu standing at the doorway, everyone was showering Mishti with lots of love and praises.

"Aaj bhi isne #MishtiMahaan banne ka mauka nahi chhoda chachi." Kuhu whispered in Jasmeet's ears.

"Kuhu?" Varsha called her in, "Dekh. Sirf tere liye, tera bro aur Mishti apna mandap share karne ko bhi ready hain. Tu janti bhi nahi hai tu kitni lucky hai, ki tujhe aisi family mili hain!" she caressed her cheeks.

"Aur aise jeth-jethani bhi!" Kaushal added as everyone giggled.

Mishti and Kuhu were made to sit in the middle of the hall as the members of Rajvansh family showered them with gifts and blessings. Nidhi Mami went ahead to give the tray of mehendi to Kuhu while Parul Masi kept in Mishti's jholi some jewellery boxes and the chunari for her wedding.