Chapter 15: If You Could Hear My Heart Breaking

The two families stood outside Dr. Patel's cabin in utter silence. Naira and Kartik had come to surprise their little Mishti, but what they received instead was a huge blow of destiny's ploy. The Rajvansh family, especially Kunal and Naanu, still couldn't digest the fact that Mishti had indeed wiped their entire existence from her memory. Naanu fell down on the bench the moment Abir's smiling face flashed in front of his eyes. How in the world was anyone going to break this news to him, that his Mishti doesn't remember him anymore?

And in a quiet corner, near the idol of Maa Ambe, stood Meenakshi.

"Hey Devi Maa," she folded her hands in prayer, "aap gawah hain iss baat ki, ke maine chaha zaroor, ki Mishti humare parivaar ki bahu kabhi na bane, par Mishti ko chot pahuchane ka kabhi koi irada nahi rakha." She sighed. "Mishti Abir ko bhool chuki hai, yeh chamatkaar sirf aur sirf aap hi kar sakti thi. Meri madad kijiye, ki ab... humari zindagi se bhi... woh dono ladkiya jaldi dafa ho jaaye." She stood with an unbeatable poise and determination in her eyes.

Abir's steps had started to match the speed of his racing heart. Ketki was almost running to catch up to Abir who strode against the marble floor of the hospital ground. He was about to take a turn to the ICU when a nurse recognized him and guided him to the ward Mishti had been shifted to. He took a glimpse at the bunch of flowers in his hands and remembered his own words.

 He took a glimpse at the bunch of flowers in his hands and remembered his own words

'Dikhne mein phool jaisi hai lekin tevar kaante jaise hain!'

Tears glistened his eyes. His angry chorni is not someone who gives up on people so easily, so there is absolutely no way she could have given up on their love, he thought. He stepped in the corridor with a determined smile on his face, determined to bear all the temper tantrums of his lady love.

Vishambar noticed the heartbroken faces of Naira and Kartik as well as the Rajvansh family. Mishti was, is and will always remain an important part of the lives of every person present here. And most importantly, of the one person they still hadn't broken the news to – Abir.

"Humein maaf kar dijiye," Vishambar folded his hands in front of Naanu, "yeh jo bhi hua... uparwale ne yeh kaisa khel khela hai," he glanced at Kartik and Naira's defeated faces, "hum samajh hi nahi paa rahe." He held back a sob as Naanu held his folded hands.

"Par hum samajh gaye Shaurya ke bauji." Came Badi maa's stern reply.

Vishambar turned to her.

"Humari Gudiya, rishton ke haathon itni kheli gayi hai," the broken look on Badi maa's face was a disturbing sight, "ki Bal Gopal ko uski kismat ki dor... apne haathon mein leni hi padi." She gave a brief look to her husband.

Vushambar hung his head. "Sach kaha aapne. Mishti apne zindagi ke sabse mushkil waqt bhula chuki hai, aur utne hi gehre rishte bhi." He looked at Naira sobbing in Kartik's arms and glanced at the defeated faces of Naanu, Kunal and Parul.