Chapter 4: Kuhu Berates Mishti

"Bhai, are you serious?" Ketki intervened, "Oh my God! You mean, uss din main Kuhu bhabs ke saath bus ke andar aur aap Mishti Bhabhi ke saath bus ke upar the???" she asked in disbelief.

The entire crowd laughed. Abir and Mishti couldn't look into their eyes.

"Yes Ketu!" Abir replied, "But sirf maine Mishti ko dekha tha." He stood close to Mishti.

"Dekh liya hota bhai," Kunal came forward, "agar main aapko dhundte-dhundte bus nahi rukwata!" he came to Abir, "I'm so glad aapki life mein Mishti aayi. Mere banjare bhai ko ghar mein rehna sikha diya!"

"Suna tumne?" Abir smiled and turned to Mishti, "Thank you, meri life mein aane ke liye!" he held her palms and kissed them in front of the entire family.

Amid all the teasings and praising Mishti for such a fantabulous idea, Kuhu stood alone at the doorway, with Kunal's gathjoda in her hands. Meenakshi noticed Kuhu's state of mind but kept mum.

Now that the family realized that the next marriage was going to take place in a different mandap, and that too outside the house, the Maheshwari family realized they had a lot of tasks at hand. With very little time in hand, every person went around to complete different work and make the aangan of their house ready to witness the wedding of the most special couple. Badi Maa took Jasmeet and Varsha to check on the samagri for the marriage while Shaurya went to make some arrangements for the guests. Bade Papa and Naanu got busy with Panditji while Ketki and Ananya took Mishti away to set her dress and hair. Abir was left to deal with Kunal who had been assigned the most difficult task – keeping Abir away from Mishti until she is ready to sit in their new mandap.

Even after marrying the love of her life exactly the way she wanted to, Kuhu wasn't happy. Even though there was hardly any time left for Mishti's marriage, Kuhu couldn't bear seeing the entire family hovering around Mishti and running errands for her happiness. To her, it seemed as if the entire family completely forgot that they just got one daughter married, a while ago. To add salt to her wounds, even Kunal was not with her.

Kuhu approached Kunal sitting beside Abir. Abir wanted to have talk with Kuhu and make her realize how her actions had hurt his Mishti, but seeing her clad in the bridal wear, he decided to keep the talk for some other day, lest he spoils her mood.

"Hi Bro!" Kuhu patted Abir's back. "#AllSet?"

"Broooo!!" Abir instantly got up and hugged Kuhu tight, "Congratulations, again!" He grinned. Kuhu forced a smile on her face. "Tu... khush haina?" he asked her genuinely.

Kuhu looked at Kunal and then at him. She nodded softly. "Waise toh #NoEmotionalTalks today, but thank you bro. You are the best!"

"Tumhari behen bhi #Bestest hai." Kunal intervened. "Aur ab apne best bro ke liye, please apni behen ko neeche le aaogi?" Kunal hit Abir's back, "Main tumhare bro ko aur babysit nahi kar sakta!"

"Nanko yaar!" Abir chided. "Bro," he turned to Kuhu, "dekh na Mishti ready hui ke nahi. It's almost 9:30."

Kuhu hesitantly nodded and turned to walk back inside the house. At every other step, there was some or the other family member mentioning about Mishti or her marriage. She was frustrated. No one seemed to care about the fact that a newly married woman, still in her wedding lehenga, was walking around the house alone. There was nobody to sit with her, so busy was the entire family.

All because Mishti planned to have another Mandap, and that too outside the house. No chance did Mishti leave to grab the attention of the two families, she thought. Jasmeet, with a big basket of fruits in her arms, noticed Kuhu standing near the steps to her room.