Chapter 12: Wings to her Dream

Chapter 12: Wings to Her Dream

"Hands up!"

Abir's sudden voice from behind stunned Mishti as she dropped the photos on the ground. Abir had walked into his room to see Mishti keenly going through his collection of black-n-white photographs clicked by him.

"Breaking news!" Abir took slow steps towards her, "Ajeeb Rajvansh ne Angry Chorni ko chori karte hue pakda rangey haath!" he back-hugged her, "Ab Angry Chorni ko milne wali hai umr-kaid ki saza," he smirked and whispered in her ears, "Abir ke saath!"

"Ajeeb Rajvansh!" Mishti pushed him behind and turned around in a huff. "Kabhi normal entry nahi maar sakte?" she crossed her arms. "And waise bhi, jab kuch apna ho, toh usse chori nahi karte." She smirked at him, "Uspe haq jatate hain!" 

"Achha?" Abir raised a brow, "Ek kaam karte hain," he closed in on her and slid his hands around her waist, "tum... meri cheezon pe haq jatao," he caressed her cheek, "mein tumpe haq jatata hoon!"

Mishti blushed and pushed him away. They bent down to pick up the fallen photographs when one in particular caught Mishti's eye. Abir peeped to see her holding one of his best photographs clicked in Champaner during their trip. He noticed Mishti was lost in it.

"Kya dekh rahi ho?" Abir smiled and asked

"Dekh rahi hoon, tumne kitne bachhon ko nayi zindagi dedi." She caressed the photo, "Agar hum unko ek sapna bhi dein toh?"

"Matlab?"

Mishti turned to him. "Champaner school mein secondary section?" She looked at him with hope, "Socho na Abir, ek aisa school jo unn bachhon ko sapne dekhne ka hunar dede, unhein apni pehchan banane ka mauka de!" She exclaimed. "What do you think?" she asked him.

Abir's eyes glistened with unshed tears. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"Mushkil hai," Abir replied, "par tum saath ho, toh sab kuch ho sakta hai!" he said and brushed his nose playfully against hers.

Abir stared at the same photograph in his hand and smiled.
"Tum saath ho Mishti, toh sab kuch ho sakta hai!"

************************

Badi maa sat by the bed caressing Mishti's hair, whispering a sweet lullaby to a sleeping Mishti. Mishti had been kept under heavy doses to keep her away from putting any pressure on her brain. Moreover, Badi maa's lullaby voice were working wonders for her sharp pain in the head.

"Maa," Shaurya peeped inside the ICU, "woh... Meenakshi ji aayi hai, Mishti se milne."

Badi maa watched as Shaurya gave way to Meenakshi inside the ICU. She stood up, only to have her hand clasped in Mishti's hold.