Chapter 16: Abir's Outrage

The Rajvansh family entered their mansion to Jugnu's shouts and cries. Disturbed at the noise, Meenakshi called out for Jugnu loudly, only for him to run to the ledge of the upper floor and drop another bomb on them.

"Ben baa," Jugnu cried, "Abir bhai... ghar chhod ke jaa rahe hain," he hicupped, "ham...hamesha ke liye!"

To say that the earth was snatched beneath her feet would be an understatement. The Rajvansh family stared at Jugnu in horror. Before Meenakshi could do as much as blink an eyelid, the entire family sprinted to Abir's bedroom to stop him from leaving like always.

Abir watched with dim eyes, the panic among his family on seeing the servants carry huge boxes out of his room. Kuhu was already in his room, sitting on the bed sobbing. Realization sank among the family, the moment they noticed Abir's room empty of all his belongings.

"Arey maramari re!" Nidhi Mami snatched his bag and cried, "Tu humko kyun chhod ke jaa raha hai?"

Abir tried to take his bag back, but Kunal pushed him behind.

"Nanko," Abir didn't meet his eyes but his voice was firm, "please."

"Not done bhai," Kunal's eyes were red, "aap humein kis baat ki saza de rahe ho?"

Abir snatched his bag from Nidhi Mami and stepped out of the room, only to be stopped by Parul.

"Abir," she folded her hands, "ek keher toh padh chuka hai humpe, ab tu bhi humein chhod ke jayega toh-"

"-toh aap meri maa ki madad bina guilt ke kar payengi." Abir rudely replied and giving her a brief look, walked right past her. Parul stared at him in distraught as strode to the staircase.

The Rajvansh family had their heart in their mouth

The Rajvansh family had their heart in their mouth. There was utter chaos in the house for every member of the family, in some or the other way, tried to stop Abir from leaving. But Meenakshi had been standing in the middle of the hall since the start. She did have a fear of his reason to leave the house, but she would fight tooth and nail to have him stay back. Saam, daam, dand, bhed - whatever works on his son today.

"Bhai," Ketki cried, "I know aap kya feel kar rahe ho," she tried to hold his hand but shoved it away and continued walking down the steps, "lekin Fui ka gussa hum pe kyun utaar rahe ho?" she wailed louder.

"WHAT?" 

Kunal's loud exclamation paused Abir in his tracks. He passed a brief look to Ketki and Kunal before walking down the steps.

"ABIR!"
Meenakshi's voiced boomed in the Rajvansh house, but Abir was least affected by her threatening voice. Giving one glance her way, Abir was about to walk past her when Meenakshi held his arm tight.