Part 30

Your POV

I had Colin all packed up and ready to leave to Mrs. Patterson's home so I could work for the next few hours. Colin was in his swing playing with his baby toy while I finished getting ready for our day. I had slipped on some comfy jeans and my vans, then grabbing a sweat and slipping that on as well. Once I was dressed and ready, I walked back into the living room and spotted Colin sitting there and looking cute. I smiled at him, picking him up gently and placed him in his car seat kissing his cheek as I did so. Once he was buckled in, I slinged my purse and Colin's diaper bag over my shoulder grabbing Colin's carrier and walked out of the house balancing everything in my arms. Placing Colin down I shut my door behind me and was locking it when the door next to me clicked to. I looked up to see Anne standing there.

"Morning Anne", I smiled at her.

"Morning sweetie", Anne beamed back at me.

"How are you sweetie", she asked oping over to me.

"Good, just have to go to work", I frowned jokingly.

"Umm I was wondering....maybe you would like to come over to dinner at my house", she asked.

"I'd be honored, when would you like to come", I asked.

"How about tonight, I'll be getting off work early so that should work", she said.

"Ok, I'll be over tonight. Do I need to bring anything", I asked.

"Just yourself honey", she patted my shoulder and walked past me.

I smiled at her figure as she descended down the hall and to the elevator so she could head to work. I smile at her thinking about how sweet she was, I never had that even with my own mother. I frowned at the thought of my parents, I hadn't seen them in years and I couldn't bring myself to see them. I didn't think I could handle that right now or ever.

Once I dropped our stuff off at home, I freshened up a bit before we headed to Anne's house for dinner. No offense but I'd hope she had dinner ready cause I was starving from the long day. I really couldn't wait to go to bed after this, it had been too long of a day. Finally stepping up to Anne's door, I knocked on it and seconds later she opened it with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello dears, come on in", she cheered hugging us and placing kisses on our cheeks.

"Hello Anne, how was your day", I asked as I stepped in.

"Could have been better", she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry to hear that", I frowned slightly.

"It's water under the bridge, are you guys hungry. Dinner will be ready in a few, make yourselves at home", she waved is to the living room where I plopped down where I could get a few minuets to rest.