Part 12

Harry's POV

I arrived at my mothers house with a big bouquet of flowers, my mom didn't really have a clue of my lifestyle and I planned on keeping that a secret from her. I was a dream on the outside, she saw me as he beautiful and successful child but on the inside I was anything but beautiful. My father had left my mom when we were young and that tainted my thoughts about love. I didn't think it exhausted and I promised myself to never get into any situation like my mom did. So I only resorted to blowing off steam by bedding lots of girls and drinking. My mom never found out about the other stuff and I was glad for it, it would absolutely hurt her if she learned how I treated girls. Pulling up to my moms house I smiled softly remembering the good times we had here. Dinner with her once a week was the tradition when I moved out and I have yet to break it. Getting out of my car I headed to the complex and made my way to her apartment.

"Harry", she said quietly once I knocked on the door.

"Why are you whispering", I asked slightly confused. "Come in and I'll explain everything", she waved me in.

Once I was in she shut the door and left really quick and was gone for a couple of minutes before appearing again.

"You ok mum", I asked.

"Yes I'm just baby sitting", she said proudly.

"Baby sitting", I said slowly.

"Yes for a neighbor, she has a demanding job and needs help with her four month old son. I help since I, usually here by myself. She usually doesn't work today but they called her in", she explained.

"And you're ok to do this on your own", I said skeptically at her.

"Yes Harry I'm not five years old, now come dinner is ready", she took the flowers from me and headed into the kitchen shooing me away to the table to sit.

We ate dinner in modest conversation, she told me more about neighbor of how she was left by the father of her child. How she had to get several jobs to support him and that my mother felt bad about her not having a baby sitter and offered to help. I was proud of my mum, knowing that she was so nice and that she was always kind to help people in need. I wish I could be like that, I didn't care to help people who couldn't help themselves. My compassion left me a long time ago, I actually have no idea how long it had been gone or if I even had it but I always wanted to change it but never actually did.

"Oh excuse me, that must be Colin's mom", she said when the door bell rang.

"Go ahead mum, I don't mind", I waved her off.

"I'll just be a few seconds", she scurried to the room where the baby boy laid.