Part 55

Your POV

I watched Colin lovingly as he crawled back and in front of me as he played with his toys. Harry insisted that we tell Anne immediately, I didn't contest to that. I loved Anne dearly and thought of her as my own mother. There was no one I rather tell first than her, the only woman there for me when I was at my absolute lowest point. Anne was fetching tea as Harry and I watched Colin, Colin loved being here and I couldn't blame him. I never had notice how much Colin spent time here and how much Anne had spoiled him. I felt kind of embarrassed now that I had saw, this poor lady could give my son a better life than I ever could. Anne came in with a tray in her hands and several mugs of hot tea, she beamed at us and sat down across from us and next to Colin. She handed us our mugs and we all took a drink before Harry cleared his throat.

"Mum, I wanna tell you something", he suddenly sat up straight.

"What is it darling", she looked at us quizzically.

"Y/n here and I, are getting married", he grinned.

"Oh my loves", she got up and came over to hug us.

"I'm so happy for you both", she sniffled.

"Don't cry", I whispered holding her close.

"Harry can you go get the bottle of champagne undertake he china cabinet drawer. I want to celebrate", she sniffled.

"Yes mum", he nodded at her and left to retrieve the bottle.

Anne held me for a bit more before she pulled back and looked at me with watery eyes and a huge smile on her face. She held my hands in her and her thumb traced over the ring that I was wearing on my finger.

"I can't thank you enough", she said.

"For what", I asked warily.

"For bring my baby boy back".