Chapter 27

"Clary, Jake's here." Mom shouted as I did my hair. It was a new day. We were going to school together because when I was going to return back home he offered me a ride to school.

I don't know why but I was so excited to see him after last night. Last night things changed between us. So because of that I decided to dress up in something more dressy than usual.

Clarissa's outfit^^^^^

This was dressy for me if we considered school. And besides, Jake loved my shorts.

I quickly wore my black vans then headed downstairs. I don't know why but I was a little nervous to see Jake. Nervous and excited both. There were these butterflies in my tummy.

Jake had his back to me when I was climbing down the stairs. He was talking to my mother. He was wearing black ripped jeans and a white t shirt. Gorgeous and breath taking as ever.

"Oh there you are Clary." Mom said as she saw me. "Jake has been waiting for you."

At that Jake turned his head to look at me. Immediately his eyes went to my legs. I suppressed a smile. I got the reaction I wanted.

"Jake do you want some cereal?" Mom asked as she went into the kitchen.

"No thank you." Jake replied, his eyes still on my legs.

"You know, my eyes are up here." I taunted.

Almost forcefully, his eyes left my legs and found my face. He gave me a full blown grin. "And those are some pretty eyes." He lightly kissed my cheek.

Butterflies.

After saying goodbye to mom, we were on our way to school. When Jake hit a bump, I winced.

My stomach has been paining since this morning. It was nothing I couldn't handle, it was just a light pain. But still, the pain was there.

One of Jake's hand found my hand on my thigh. He squeezed gently. He wasn't looking at me but a small smile covered his face.

"What?" I asked. "Why are you soo smiley?" I asked, smiling seeing him smile.

"Nothing. Just very happy." He looked at me. His eyes were smiley and happy too. "After a long time."

A full smile crept up on my face. I laced my fingers with his, "Me too."

__________

I was in front of my locker with Jake, taking out my books when Taylor came over to us.

"Tell me. Tell me. Tell me already." She yelled as she rushed over to me, her blonde hair bouncing wildly. Her eyes widened when she saw Jake standing beside me. His eyes were crinkled in amusement.

"Oh." She realised. "Hi." She waved at him awkwardly.

He nodded at her. "You girls continue. Rissa, I'll meet you in class." He kissed my cheek and smiled at Taylor.

He was about to leave when Taylor called out to him. "Jake." He stopped in his tracks and turned around with a puzzled look on his face.

Taylor bowed her head slightly. She was embarrassed.

"I am sorry for being such a bitch. The way I behaved and acted was not cool." A blush covered her pale cheeks.

"It's..it's cool. Don't worry about it. I know that you were looking out for her." He smiled understandingly at her.

She beamed at him. "Ok then. Cool I guess." She smiled awkwardly at him yet again.

When he walked away I turned towards her and smiled like crazy. "Thank god you made your peace with him. Thanks for being understanding."

"Oh pssht" She waved her hand. "It was nothing." She said in a comical voice then suddenly as if a switch went off she started gushing. "To hell with it, tell me what happened!"

And I told my crazy bestfriend everything.

After I completed she was fanning her face. "Oh my god. Cute. I wish Sam was like that sometimes." She shook her head in feign disappointment.

Just then the bell rang. I got my English books. Taylor already had her Spanish books.

"I'll see you later Tay." With that we both walked away to our classes.

My stomach was hurting badly now. And my lower back also started aching badly. My lower back pain was always a sign of my period. But I still had a week to go so I removed that thought out of my head and headed to my English class.

Jake was already there. I took my seat right next to him. He took hold of my hand as soon as I sat down . My breathing increased. Being near him gave me different reactions.

The class started and I got really uncomfortable and irritated. It was difficult to sit down still and pay attention when my back was paining so bad and so was my tummy.

Jake noticed because he started making circles with his thumb on my palm, trying to relax me. His hand was on mine the whole class.

Finally the bell rang signalling the end of class. I sighed in relief and put my head on my desk. The pain was getting too bad.

Ouch.

"Hey." He said softly, running a hand through my hair. "You okay?"

"Not really." I groaned. Then slowly got up from my seat. The class was completely empty already. Everyone wanted out. Can't blame them though.

"I think I should go to the clinic." I said and turned around to grab my books.

"Um.. Rissa there's um.." Jake was looking over at me, more specifically, my butt.

I raised an eyebrow.

"I think you got your period." He gestured to my butt.

I tried to look behind and sure enough there was a patch of blood on it.

"Oh my God." I breathed.

So much for dressing up.

I tried to push my shorts down to avoid any more leaking. Then suddenly I started crying. This was probably not a good site. I felt so embarrassed. What if others saw it too. I am a freaking grown girl and still leaking through my pants.

"Oh no Rissa. Don't cry." He hugged me to him, not at all minding my situation. "It doesn't matter, it's totally normal. Wait, let me help you okay?" He took my books from the table.

The bell rang once more signalling that the other class would be here soon. I started breathing heavily, I wanted to cry again.

"Hey hey. Ssh." He cupped my face with one of his hands. "Listen, the girl's washroom is right around this corner. I'll walk behind you. The patch isn't that big. No one will notice. Okay?" He kissed my forehead lightly. I nodded trying too hard not to cry.

____________

Continue on the next chapter!

Vote and comment please!

Have you girls ever faced this kind of situation?