Chapter 35

I gasped in horror as Jake knocked down Sam with a punch on his face.

Taylor and Madison's faces were also the same as mine.

"Jake!" I shrieked as Jake started beating Sam into a pulp. I was unable to move.

It was only when Sam planted his first punch on Jake's jaw when I started to move towards them. I was unable to take my eyes off Jake who just winced at the impact.

Strong hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me back before I could take another step forward.

I looked back to see green eyes piercing into my grey ones. "Adam let me go. Look at them." I said as I tried to get free off Adam's grip.

Adam just pulled me towards him tightly and wrapped his arms around me, making it extremely difficult for me to get out of his iron tight grip.

Jake and Sam were beating each other mercilessly. Sam already had his bottom lip swelling pretty badly.

A blow on Jake's stomach made him groan which made me wince.

"Break it off guys. Yo!" A guy named Darik stepped in. He seperated them so that they both were far from hitting range of each other.

Both the guys were breathing heavily. Jake looked around the crowd till his eyes found mine. He looked behind me and his gaze hardened. Hurt flashed in his eyes and he looked away.

I tried to go to him but Madison's voice stopped me. She was passing by me and her face had a pleased expression. Her lips turned into a sneer when I saw her. "This all could have been prevented if you had given Jake up." She shrugged. Her curly hair bouncing on her shoulder. "I have never seen Jake loose his cool like this before. Guess you are not as good as you think you are for him." She smirked and walked away.

"You better think before you open your disgusting mouth again." A familiar voice threatened. I turned away from Madison's retreating form to the boys. Jake glared at Sam before he started to walk away.

I snatched Taylor's hand and hurried after Jake.

"Jake. Wait up." I called after him. He stopped for us. His eyes found mine for barely a second when he looked away to Taylor.

Taylor was pale and her eyes were filled with tears. I knew that she had never seen this side of Sam before. Hell, she didn't even know that this side of Sam even existed. So mean and so freakishly rude.

"Taylor I am sorry. I shouldn't have." Jake said to Taylor, looking down at his blistered knuckles.

Surprisingly, Taylor's arms wrapped around Jake and she engulfed him in a hug. Then she broke down.

"Don't say sorry for something he had coming." Her voice came out shaky.

Jake awkwardly patted her back in order to comfort her. I bit my lips to prevent smiling.

"Jake. Give me your car keys." He looked at me for a second then threw his keys to me.

"Come on. Jake let's get you cleaned up and Taylor you were right, you shouldn't have come to school." I said as we walked over to Jake's car.

Taylor got in the back seat and Jake in the passenger seat. Jake was oddly silent. He wasn't meeting my eyes nor was he saying anything to me after the fight. Taylor was another story, she looked pretty bad too. She was still pale and her eyes were still covered with tears.

"Taylor when we get home I can order us some fri-" I started speaking in order to distract her.

"Clary please take me home. I just want to be alone right now." Taylor spoke softly.

"But-" I protested.

"Please Clary." Her voice broke my heart. I nodded.

We dropped Taylor at her place.

"If you need anything, I mean anything just call me or come over. Even it's in the middle of the night." She cracked a small genuine smile.

"I know." She said and hugged me tightly.

I started driving again after making sure that Taylor got inside her house. Jake was looking out of the window, massaging his right hand with his left one.

We stayed silent the whole drive until we reached my place. Mom and dad, both were not home so I took him inside.

"Sit." I ordered as I pulled out the first aid kit in my bathroom.

Jake sat down on the platform beside the sink. His face was getting worse.

The side of his lip was bleeding, one of his cheek bone had a bluish blister which was swelling up and there was a cut on his chin. 

I dampened a towel and started cleaning up his wounds. His eyes were trained on me the whole time but whenever I met his eyes, he would look away.

When I was finally done with his bruised knuckles I took his face in my hands and tried to figure out what was going on.

He pulled away from me. Hurt made its way to my heart but I pushed it away.

"Jake wha-" I reached for his hands.

He pulled away yet again. "Why don't you go back to Adam and see that he is okay?" He said bitterly.

I sighed heavily. Not again.

"Jake I told you-"

"Yeah yeah you told me whatever. But instead of looking out for your boyfriend who was fighting, you were clinging to your ex boyfriend. Sure it looked fine to me." Jake argued.

"Jake please not again." I massaged my head.  "There is absolutely nothing. You are getting paranoid."

"Paranoid?! I was in a middle of a fight and instead of seeing that I was okay you were freaking embracing him." Jake tried to control the anger that was bubbling out of him.

I was helpless here.

"Why can't you trust me Jake? When I tell you nothing is going on." I argued.

He scoffed. "Trust? I trust you more than anyone else in this world. It's that guy that I don't trust. Nor should you."

"Jake, Adam is my friend!"

"Yeah, it's totally common being such good friends with your ex."

I wanted to bang his head against the counter top but I stayed silent. Arguing further will only make things worse.

________________

One direction(without z) or Zayn??

Voteee and comment!