23

Keith woke up in lance arms. He was shaking telling Keith to wake up.

Keith could not move his head but he could see. He moved his eyes to Steven to make sure that he was ok. He was but he was still knocked out and was bleeding from the head.

That's when Keith realized something. He could not not move his body. He felt blood running down from his head and getting into his mouth.

"Hurry up and all the ambulance!" He could hear Nyma yell in the background.

Why the fuck was she here?

Before Keith could have another thought he blacked out.

.........

The next time Keith woke up he was in a truck getting taken to a hospital. He felt the people in there trying to calm down a someone who was crying.

"Please hurry! He's the only family that I have lifted that's still with me so please help him!"

Was that shiro? That can't be him they were still not on speaking terms.

..............

Lance and rolo were in Keith's room. He just got out of surgery. Now all they have to do is wait for the results of Steven.

"Damnit how could I have let his happen." Lance said as he sat there beside Keith's bed.

"I'm the worst person on this earth. I don't deserve you."

"Hey stop that! Do you really think your boyfriend would want to see you cry like a little bitch. You have to stay strong for him." Rolo told lance as he put his hand on his shoulder.

Lance pushed his hands off oh him and got up in his face grabbing him the the front of his shirt.

"Do you not care at all about Steven?! He loves you and you come up to me and say that! Don't you feel weak for not being there for him?!"

"I do feel weak but I was told something by my old man before he passed away! He said that you may feel weak for not being there but you are actually strong because your lover will know that you care about them and that you will do anything in your power protect them!"

Rolo then looked to the ground.

"There are things that I regret doing. I messed up with Nyma. I loved her with all my heart but all I cared about was drugs and sex. I did the same with Steven. Seeing him on the ground in the bathroom broke me. It made me realize how much I loved him...."

"Wait are you bi?"

"I really don't know but that's not the point lance. Be there for Keith. He was always there for you but your not always there for him. Don't end up like me."

Rolo then walked out the room leaving lance alone in his thoughts.

He looked at Keith and gave him a sad smile.

"Keith...I love you I really do love you and I'll do anything for you but I just don't want to end up like Veronica and leave you behind."