CHAPTER 25 (The Text Message)

ZACHARY HORAN

As I step inside the elevator, I could feel my heart weakening and melting as the situation awhile ago keeps on replaying in my mind. That man, that was his ex-boyfriend and I just saw them holding hands together and probably exchanging their heart to heart talks under the rain.

Great, I just crushed my heart even more.

I sauntered towards the exit and went on the parking lot. I just want to forget this night, I hopped in my car and started driving away. I know where I would exactly go to forget my problems for one night. I need to be alone, I need a deafening music and an extreme alcohol to sting my throat and cloud my mind.

I'm so stupid. I knew it. From the very start that he saw that man in the masquerade party, I knew that she still loves that man. I've never seen Francine to become faltered in just a second and unexplainable eagerness drawn out on her face as Ford introduces himself to her.

The day she admitted that Ford was her ex-boyfriend, I pretended to be shocked when I knew it already.

That night when I waited for Francine to fall asleep, I started to text Jake until I comeback to that party.

Me
Jake, I'll meet ya'll later after
22:36 pm

Jake
Yea bro, I'll just bring
these girls home and we'll go clubbing
22:37 pm

Me
Yeah, I'd like that
22:39 pm

Jake
Okay bro, see u at 12
22:40 pm

I stroke strands of Francine's hair until she fell asleep. I quickly put a kiss on her forehead and fixed her comforter. I removed my suit and tie, only with my white shirt, I sauntered to the living room and locked the door outside of her house.

I opened the door of my car and threw my clothes on the backseat. I texted Jake and he said that I'll meet them at the club near the NY Times Square. I turned my GPS to know the location.

After minutes of driving, I parked my car and hopped out. I run my fingers through my hair and press-locked my car. Girls are starting to check me out and I don't understand why. I'm only wearing black slacks and a white T-shirt. What's making them stare?

I sauntered inside the club and a loud deafening music welcomed me. The lights are so amusing and a voluptuous brunette walked and passed by me, not leaving my gaze. But I didn't find her attractive at all. Francine is still the most beautiful woman in my eyes.

I went to see on the corner, Jake, Andrew and Matthew sitting on a stool. The bartender is mixing up the drinks that I assumed Jake ordered.

"Bro, how is she?" Andrew asked while sipping his vodka.

"She's fine bro, she's asleep." I said.

We started conversing until I found out that Ford was her ex-boyfriend and they told me everything that I needed to know. I was thankful that they are honest, real bros right there. I promised them that I won't tell Francine that I knew about it so there will be no trouble.

But right now, I should stop remembering things, I want to forget the pain. I went to the club downtown and parked my car. I forgot to bring my umbrella but the rain pours little drops so I think it would stop later on.