CHAPTER 1 (The Break Up)

FRANCINE CLARKSON

It's really ridiculously flustering when the person who gives you all kinds of butterflies in your stomach and brings you all the good in the mornings would say the words, "I love you" yet ready to leave and let you go. I didn't even think that those words can also be an alternative for goodbyes!

Everything was exhilarating and there seems nothing horrible could separate us except the stupid class hours we need to take. My precious brain keeps on thinking-like what it does to get an A in every exaggerated exams. But this time it's thinking about something frivolously stupid. Did I do something unimpressive that makes him foolishly think about breaking up with a popular-intelligent-beautiful girl in the New York University? Am I not enough?

Great, I sound desperate. Ugh.

These are my dreadful thoughts to myself before everything fell apart.

As I sit in the couch, I thought of these unanswered questions while watching the rain debilitate my poor emotions. I look extremely terrible. My hair is like a hurricane went through a lot of cities and destroyed all buildings and houses, my eyes were like a deep hole with dark curves around it. Ugh, it's 4:48 in the morning and I just want to sleep peacefully at night but Ford is really getting into my nerves! That jerk got some unbelievable guts interfering even at my dreams-or should I say, my nightmare because he was there.

I really hate mentioning his name but dude, you can't blame me! Ford Yexelson is my ex-boyfriend who broke up with me over nothing-yes, over nothing! Who would have thought about that, right? I could most probably say that I am a perfect and Ideal one for him as he is to me because that jerk was also one of the popular hot and intelligent handsome guy around the campus. And I can't even deny that he is the sweetest and most adorable lad I've ever dated. And in fact, he was always elected as homecoming King. And oh, Don't even think of I to become his homecoming queen.

I hate those cheap crowns and fake diamonds.

As I prepare for the stuffs that I'll bring for school, my phone suddenly rang. I took it up while munching away some leftover chips in the fridge.

"Hey, Francine!" Sandy greeted me like it's always her first time to have an answered call.

"I'm on my way, where are you?" I sighed. "I have no sleep again."

Sandy is my high school bestfriend. She's a perfectly gorgeous Filipina with a beautiful and amazing personality that makes her one of the popular girls I adore and hang out with.

"For the nth time France, is it about Ford again, isn't it?" Sandy taunted.

I exhaled. "Come on, I really need to hurry up, let's meet at the coffee shop."

I arrived just on time because fabulous girls are always punctual. I wear my favorite red dress partnered with the necklace which my mom gave me on my 18th birthday.