CHAPTER 33 (Let It Go)

The next morning, I woke up with a puffy eyes. I realised the time and I hurried to the bathroom because I'm definitely late for my first subject. This is my first time to be late on my first subject! My annoying alarm clock decided to shut his mouth and didn't wake me up. Jeez, I have to hurry.

I sauntered to the bathroom and took a quick bath and brushed my teeth. I put on a light make-up and decided to braid my hair and tweak a little strands from both sides of my face to put volume in it.

I took my bag, phone, my camera and my keys and hopped inside the car. I turned on the speaker that's connected to my phone and played a music to wake up my senses. As I drove fast and carefully, my phone rang and I put it on speaker mode.

"Hey." I said while steering from the right.

"Francine, jesus, where were you?" Sky asked and he sounded worried.

"On my way, I woke up late and my freak alarm clock didn't work."

"We already had our attendance and you're alreadu marked absent."

What the freaking hell! My bloody brain jist exploded.

"I've never been absent in my whole entire life, Sky!" I screamed in annoyance.

"Just—just be safe." He said. "I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot."

"Okay," I said. "I brought the camera."

"Good." He said. "See you."

"See ya."

After almost ten minutes, I parked my car and I saw Sky standing just so fine and gorgeous behind his car, waiting for me while completely engrossed with his phone. I hopped out of my car and locked it.

I walked towards Sky and I smiled at him.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He smiled. "Wait, what happened to your eyes?"

I scowled and narrowed my eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Your eyes are," He scowled and examined my face. "Have you been crying?"

My eyes widened at how he correctly assumed the reason of my puffy eyes. But he wasn't supposed to know the reason so as the good liar I am, I said, "Nope, I'm just sleepless, I can't sleep last night. Maybe because of too much pizza, you know, pizza, haha!" I fake-laughed and pushed his shoulder playfully. "Let's keep going." And I grabbed his shoulder and we walked.

His face turned a little weirded out but he kept walking with me. It was a little tough moment of lying but I guess he bought it. As we walk together towards our next class,  I still can't get over the fact that Zach found someone else in London. And the mere fact that she's blonde makes me compare myself to her. Is she so beautiful? How tall is she? Does she cook for Zach like how I cook for him?

Then I remember that Zach told me about how confident she is, that she's not insecure about herself and here I am, overthinking and comparing my appearance, height and cooking ability to hers.

Yeah, maybe that's the problem with me. I kept on comparing myself to people and I'm always insecure with myself and how I appear to other people. My thoughts faltered quickly when our professor greeted us and asked about how ready we are about the film-making.

My thoughts went back to Zach and the girl she's been gushing about in the mail he sent me. Then, I felt someone pinch my cheeks and my senses came back.

"Ouch!" I glared at Sky.

"Welcome back to earth." He retorted.

"Why did you do that?" I rolled my eyes.