Chapter 17: Let The Right Ones In

Ryan looks out the window in the room she calls her at the boarding house and she notices a storm brewing

Ryan looks out the window in the room she calls her at the boarding house and she notices a storm brewing. She puts on some jeans, a black blouse, some converse and a dark green blazer before going downstairs to the living room.

Ryan finds Stefan and Elena watching as Damon boards up a window, the one those two vampires busted through.

"I say we go down to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," Damon rants. "Good morning, Ryan. I'm looking forward to breakfast."

"Yeah, and then what?" Stefan asks as Ryan goes to the kitchen. "We turn to the test of the house of vampires and say, 'oops, sorry?'"

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," Elena says in her usual judgmental tone.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information," Damon claims. "And it's not like I had a choice. She's... scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"Of course she is," Elena sneers. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who gets hurt in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it,"  Damon states. "Mm, I don't know what she's cooking, but she just started and it smells amazing."

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb," Elena says. "I've earned snarky. And Ryan's food does smell good."

"You should taste it," Stefan says. "She made a German dessert that apple slices are dipped in last night. It was good."

"Nice."

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your and Ryan's birth mother into a vampire?" Damon asksn

"I thought you killed her!" Ryan yells through the house. "You suck!"

"I'm not blaming you, Damon," Elena says. "I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch," Damon pouts.

"This isn't being very productive," Stefan says. "We're gonna figure out how to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? Hmm."

Damon walks to the kitchen. "What are you making us, Vampire Killer?"

"They're called Syrniki," Ryan replies. "They're a russian cheese pancake. Is elena staying for breakfast? I know she hates me but she can eat."