Chapter 42: The Last Day

Damon is learning agsint Ryan's doorframe as she sleeps, he i to everyone downstairs.

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah says. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said they the sun and the moon curse is fake?" Stefan speaks up. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?"

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf blood like," Elijah says. "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid."

Damon ends up going downstairs, causing a ruckus about how Bonnie can kill him during the day but Elena wasn't having it because she won't lose Bonnie to magic. She can't. Elijah explains the ritual and the ingredients to it; a witch, the moonstone, a vampire, and a werewolf.

Elijah then explains an elixir he had acquired for Katherine, who had fled and taken her life before Elijah could even attempt to save her life. Damon isn't, of course, buying it. He's not wanting Elena to do this because if she does, Ryan will lose a sister and he doesn't want that to happen.

Alaric wound up coming back when Klaus let him go with a message... that the ritual goes on as planned, tonight. He talks to Jenna and the guys about what happened and what he remembers before he goes to check on Ryan, who's sleeping.
<<<!>>>

My dearest Butterfy,Here is my gift to you, one of probably many

Here is my gift to you, one of probably many. Wear this bracelet always and remember me.
Love,
Elijah

Ryan smiles and she changes.

Ryan looks up at Elena, who has blood on her lips

"Damon?" Ryan asks and she nods.

Ryan storms out of the house with a boho purse Myra gave her, a stake in it, and she gets in her car. She breaks about five tragic laws getting to the Grill.
....

Damon turns away from Klaus when Ryan walks in and she looks pissed.

"Shit," Alaric mumbles. "She saw...." he stops himself. "She is pissed."

Ryan storms up to Damon and she slaps him hard across the face. His head is moved on the side harshly as he groans in pain and she looks at the smirking man with blonde hair and pretty blue eyes and Ryan... she's trying not to drool.

"Can I help you?" Ryan hisses.

"Not at all, love," he replies. "I'm Klaus."

"You're Klaus?" Ryan raises an eyebrow. "Hi, there. Bye."

She looks at Damon with a hard look in her eyes before storming out in her white boho off the shoulder dress and black strapless bra and some boho brown boots and the bracelet Elijah gave her, which is a replica of Katherine's daylight ring. Klaus looks at the men.

"I have my vampire, I have my werewolf," he tells them. "I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up."

Klaus looks between the two and he leaves.
<<<!>>>

Ryan goes home to the apartment.

"Hey!" Katherine greets.

"Hey," Ryan says and turns to Damon. "Come in."

Ryan goes to her room to finish packing, she is officially moving into the boarding house and Alaric is moving to a studio apartment for just him. Ryan packs up herb things while Damon talks to Katherine in the living room.

Inviting Damon in was the first two words she's spoken to him since she found out he fed her sister his blood. The fact he'd do that to keep her from dying for Ryan is sweet, but he shouldn't have taken the option away from her. Elena never wanted to be a vampire. Ryan isn't sure what she wants but she knows what Elena wants to be human, not a vampire.

"Ryan!" Alaric yells. "C'mon! I'm your ride."

Ryan grabs her skull covered suitcase:

And she leaves her room. She hugs Katherine before she leaves with her dad.
<<<!>>>

Ryan gets to the boarding house right as Klaus is leaving with Elena. She looks at Stefan and she gasps. She walks over to him and grabs his face.

"Go stay with Myra until this is over."