Kabanata 5

For those who are still reading, THANK YOU! :)

Please leave some comments.
—————

I sat on my bed, trying to calm myself down. My eyes were closed as I bit my lower lip to control my emotions. My left hand on my chest was closed tightly as memories of what happened six years ago started to flood on my mind. 

I was only twelve years-old back then, just received my certificate as a completer in Grade 6, still too young, too innocent and too carefree.

We were on our way to Ilocos to celebrate my achievements and spend our vacation in a resort owned by my mother's college bestfriend. I was too excited that time. Syempre bata pa lang ako noon. I loved traveling and I loved beaches. NOON. 

Ang sabi sa amin nina Mama at Papa pupunta raw kami sa mga dagat sa Pagudpud. We will also visit the huge Bangui windmills, which is the very pride of Ilocos region. Who wouldn't be excited, right? Based on what I've seen on the internet, super ganda raw talaga sa Ilocos. And the wind is so fresh.

Nang dumating kami sa Pagudpud sobra ang pagkamangha ko. The place is just so beautiful. Parang tunay na paraiso. Worth it ang mahabang byahe dahil nang masulyapan namin ang tanawin parang nawala lahat ng pagod namin. 

I was busy looking outside our car when it entered a huge and high fancy gate. Papa continued driving on a lengthy driveway where both sides were planted and decorated with beautiful tall pine trees. 

At the end of the driveway was an enticing rotonda with a flat fountain where water pop upwards alternately. There were also three different sizes blue dolphin figurines, looking like they were swimming together at the center of the fountain. 

My eyes flew straight away at a very big elegant classic house outside when our car slowly halted in front of it. It looks like a mixture of Spanish  and Italian mansion, reminds me of The Ruins in Negros Occidental but a bit smaller version. 

The details outside were so intricate. The pillars we standing so sturdy. There were also of trees, including tall pine trees, around the house. The air is so fresh, it makes me want to live here.

When I returned my sight on the front of the house, I saw a woman waiting with a wide smile, standing at the middle of the elegant cemented stairs on the entrance. She looked so happy when we went out of the car. 

"Corina", her voice was laced with so much happiness when she hugged my mom tightly. My mom mirrors the same emotions of the woman, "Maganda ka pa rin!" 

"And you didn't age, Dianna", they laughed and hugged again. Maybe they really missed each other a lot. 

"Are these your daughters na? Ang lalaki na!", the woman asked while looking at me and Cariza. Mama nodded proudly. 

"Dianna, these are my girls, Czairina and my bunso, Cariza. The last time you saw Czairina, wala pang muwang sa mundo", Mama laughed as she gestured us to go near, "My love, this is your Tita Dianna. She's my bestfriend since college", my mom looked so proud when she was introducing us to Tita Dianna.