Kabanata 7

SALAMAT ng maraming marami sa pagtyagang magbasa :)

Please leave some comments.

Enjoy reading. :)

––––––––––––––––

They say that love brings out the supreme happiness you'd never imagine that exists. But once love is broken, it also brings out the extreme loneliness a person could ever feel.

"Are you sure she's here?", I asked Samantha as I held on the box of donuts and a bucket of fried chicken.

We stepped inside the elevator when it opened. I looked at her who's bringing a plastic full of cold beer in cans and some chips.

"Yup. I called her earlier".

When we reached the right floor, we immediately went out of the elevator and walked to the door of Gerlie's condo unit. Nagkatinginan pa kami ni Sam kung sino ang magdo-door bell.

I sighed and did it when Sam nudged me with her batting eyes. Hirap na hirap pa akong mag door bell dahil box ng donut at bucket ng chicken ang dala ko. If I'm maarte? Swear, Sam is doubled that kaartehan and she's admitting it.

We waited for a few minutes but there's no response from the other side. I tried to ring the bell again and another minutes passed but no one is opening the door.

"Are you really sure she's here?"

"Yup. She said she's here eh", she looks like she's also doubting now. I was about to ring the bell again when the front door suddenly opened.

My jaw fell at once while Sam snorted when we saw Gerlie in front of us, eyes swollen, hair disheveled, face so bare with some trace of freshly cleaned tears and nose red from too much crying.

"Oh god! You look...", Sam couldn't even continue what she was about to say.

"What?", even her voice was hoarse.

"You look so awful", Samantha being herself, prangka as always. Gerlie frowned at her and rolled her eyes. She then looked at me, eyes glaring jokingly.

"May sasabihin ka?"

I bit my lower lip before I spoke, "Ang pangit mo! You look dugyot".

"Wow! Thank you sa inyo ha!", kahit mataray ang pagkakasabi niya, we could see a slight smile on those lips. "Anong bang ginagawa niyo dito? At ano yang mga dala niyo?", she pointed at what we're bringing.

"Don't ask the obvious, Beb. Excuse me", wala nang nagawa si Gerlie nang diretsyo kaming pumasok sa unit niya.

For a broken hearted one, her unit is still clean, huh. Unlike sa madalas kong mapanuod at makita na pag broken hearted kung anu-anong nakakalat.

"Really, what brought you here?", she's now crossing her arms while looking at me and Sam.

We ignored her as we organized the foods and drinks on her center table. We also searched for some foods and ice inside her fridge. Masama ang tingin niya sa amin habang inaayos ang lahat sa sala niya.

"Beb, do you have some juice here?", I asked looking inside her cabinet, "Wala akong makita dito sa grocery mo", since we've been here for a couple of times medyo kabisado na namin ang laman ng condo unit niya.