Kabanata 25

"Love, three days lang na-approved sa vacation leave ko. That's effective tomorrow. They couldn't allow me to have a whole week vacation because we need people in the lab", I immediately hugged him once I entered our study room where he was reading some books.

"It's fine", he put down the book and made me sit on his lap, "At least we could still go"

"But three days was too short if our plan is going to Davao", I frowned. Kanina pa ako nag-iisip sa sasakyan kung saan kami pwedeng pumunta.

He stayed quiet while caressing my waist upwards then he spoke, "Why don't we try San Benito Farm? I read from the internet that it's the best relaxation destination in CALABARZON"

"Hmm... In Batangas?", I haven't been there but I heard a lot of good feedback about them.

"Yeah, we can also visit your family before we go back here", he smiled as I nodded.

I must say that going to San Benito Farm was actually a great decision since the place was so silent and so serene. It's really the best destination if you want to calm and mitigate all the pressure and toxicity in your life.

We spent our three whole days with our phone turned off to avoid any stress from outside. We enjoyed the pool, had full body massage, strolled around the place while breathing the fresh air and ate healthy foods. We even consulted professionals to help us relax our body and free us from all our stress.

It was indeed a great vacation not just for me but most of all for Edzel. It somehow helped him loosen all the pressure that he's bringing inside. I could see how our vacation brought back the positive spirit he lost from all that happened to him.

When I came back to work, Edzel volunteered to drive for me back and forth to my work and at home since he still had 1 month suspension from his work. I was declining it but he's so willing so I just said yes and let him do what he wanted. Maybe he realized how hard it was to drive from Manila-Calamba everyday because one day he suggested something that he thinks could help me to reduce my travel time.

"Why don't we just rent a house here in Alabang?", he told me suddenly when we were caught in between traffic, "your travel time would reduce. You wouldn't need to wake up so early to go to your work"

"And how about you? You'd travel for how many hours? What if you need to visit the site in Rizal or the other sites? then back in QC?", I countered. I just feel bad na siya na naman yung magsa-sakripisyo para sa akin.

Besides, I was already planning to resign on September na dapat ay next month. Pero hindi pumayag ang head engineer dahil may hinahabol pa kaming quota. Ilang buwan na lang din naman kaya pumayag na ako. Pero hindi ko pa sinasabi kay Edzel. I'll just surprise him kapag nakapag-resign na ako.

"Okay lang naman sa akin. It's better than you traveling for how many hours", he held my hand since the car was barely moving.

"Wag na, love. Tsaka paano yung condo natin? Kawawa naman kapag walang nakatira. And besides...", I looked at him. His eyes were on the road, waiting for the other cars to move, "Malay mo, one of these months may matanggap akong mas magandang offer in Manila, maybe I'll start to consider that", that made him look at me, with parted lips and wide eyes.

"You'll resign?", I couldn't deny the joy I heard from his voice. Nahihirapan ako sa pagbabalik sa trabaho at pauwi, pero alam kong nahihirapan naman siya sa relasyon namin.

We weren't used to this kind of set up. Nasanay kami na palaging magkasama. So it's really understandable na ganito ang reaksyon niya.