Kabanata 8

Maligayang ika-122 taon ng Kalayaan, mahal kong Pilipinas!

Ikaw na nagbabasa, mahal din kita!

Enjoy reading, Beb!

____________

"Oh my god! Czai, you came!", Felineth came running into me and hugged me tight, "I thought you're still in Tagaytay?"

"Something came up. We needed to go home this morning", I loosened our hug and handed her a paper bag, "This is your gift. Happy Birthday, Fel!".

"Thank you for this Czai!"

Felineth invited me to eat in the kitchen which I declined dahil kumain ako sa bahay bago umalis. I looked around and greeted our high school friends who also came for her birthday party. Medyo marami ring pumunta and I think some are already tipsy judging by the looks on their faces.

I was a bit surprised actually 'cause I didn't expect this kind of birthday celebration for Fel. I thought we will have a wholesome party, no drinks at all, but then college maybe changed us, huh!

"How's Tagaytay?", Mariz gave me a hug when I approached them on the garden, "You looked so beautiful Czai. Blooming ka!", she whispered before letting me go. There's a hidden playfulness on her lips. I just squinted my eyes on her.

The mini-vacation in Tagaytay was actually a good idea. It did help me a lot, emotionally and mentally. I still can't fully forgive Edzel for what he did to me but I can say that something heavy within me was lifted up after the talk.

Maybe it was his sincere apologies that helped? Or maybe it was him humbly accepting all his faults and admitting his stupidity and immaturity back then? But whatever that was, I'm just thankful that I feel lighter since that night.

"Tagaytay is still beautiful and relaxing like it has always been. And please, stop with the blooming thing. I always look like this", I smirked when she didn't complain.

"Drake is on the pool side", Fel whispered and before I could even protest, she's already dragging me, "Let's join them".

"Czairina!", I almost jerked when Frankie suddenly hugged me. I could smell alcohol from him.

They were sitting on the grass and bottles of different liquors are spread all over the place. They were with some of our closest friends in our batch. We greeted one another and they started to ask how's my college life.

I answered them all and was about to sit beside Queenie, one of our friends, when Fel stopped me and dragged me to where Drake was sitting.

"Sit beside me, Czai", her voice was so cheerful, I think she's already tipsy. I sat between her and Drake, who's silently typing on his phone.

"Hi! Kumusta? ", he greeted me as he put his phone down, the other hand was holding a red cup.

"Hello! I'm good. Ikaw?", he was about to answer me but his phone lit up and vibrated. He got his phone right away and focused on it.

"Do you drink?", I heard Frankie who's now sitting opposite to me. I nodded and that's when he handed me a red cup like what they were holding, "that's just cocktail", he smiled before he resumed his talk with Fiona, probably the girl he's hitting on now.

The night went on with drinks kept on flowing for us.

Drake was just quiet on my side, drinking his beer while his eyes were mostly on his phone. He's trying to talk to me, though, but I'd noticed that everytime his phone lit up, all his attention will be drowned into it again.