Kabanata 31

listen to the song while reading :)

____________________________

All the love that you created is still there. All the memories are still there. You live on - in the hearts of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here.

Death ends a life not a relationship...

- ctto

___________________________

I felt so lost while staring at Miah who's crying in front of me. My hands were shaking on my lap, eyes bathing with silent tears, lips trembling for words I couldn't blurt out... my heart slowly breaking into tiny pieces.

I heard a knock but no one among us looked at the door. I couldn't even take a glance to see who entered in the office because I couldn't take my eyes away from Miah. Because deep inside me I still don't want to believe that she's here, crying herself out, telling me that my dear friend, Gersile Lienne, is now gone.

"Czairina, what happened?", I felt someone held my shoulders and tried to turn me to him but I couldn't move my stares away from Miah. I'm waiting for her to take back her words. But she isn't doing it. She's just crying out, looking so tired.

Lucas blocked my sight and the moment our eyes met, that's when I felt everything. My lips trembled so much because I want to tell everything to him but I don't know where to start. My eyes flooded with so much tears that his face blurred within my sight.

"Luc...", he enveloped me in a soft hug when I couldn't continue what I was going to say. I felt him slowly caressed my back while calling someone from the staffs.

I couldn't remember when was the last time I cried this hard. A year ago? Or maybe more than a year? I don't know. But all I'm sure right now is that the hurt I'm feeling right now equates how hurt I was before. It hurts like it's killing you from the insides. Like it's taking your breath and twisting your heart so much.

"Have a drink first", he slowly pulled away from me, now holding a glass of water, "Drink water so you'd calm down", he whispered while encouraging me to drink.

He helped me with the glass and I drank a little amount. He got a tissue from the table and wiped the tears on my cheeks.

"What happened?", his voice was so soft while tucking my shoulder-length ash rose gold hair on my ears. I turned my eyes to Miah, who's now being assisted by one of the staffs. She's silently staring on the floor.

"How...", I don't know what to say. Miah looked at me, her eyes were swollen and red. I bit my lower lips because I could feel my heart breaking, "What happened?", my voices quivered.

I could see how she's fighting her to tears not to escape from eyes. She's swallowing from time to time while her lips trembling a bit.

"She had leukemia", I covered my mouth with my hands upon hearing the pain in Miah's voice, "We didn't know, not until 5 months ago. It turned out that she already knew about it since last year but she didn't tell anyone about it, not even to Frankie. We just discovered it because she was rushed to the hospital for suddenly fainting during our New Year's celebration"

Lucas caressed my arms when I started crying again. I couldn't imagine the pain she'd been through while hiding her sickness from everyone. I felt so guilty for not contacting her even once. I felt so bad for not fulfilling my promise that I'd connect to them once I arrive to my destination.