Kabanata 32

PLEASE READ!!!!!

I'm about to publish the second book of Teardrop Series, entitled "Faithful Memories" featuring the ideal guy bestfriend.... Frankie Hashley Salazar. 

Though, I'd start to update the book 2 after I finished Twisted Fate, hope you'll also support Frankie's story like the way you supported this one. 

Thank you so much in advance. :)

Enjoy reading the update. 

_______________________

"Czai", Miah's soft voice awaken me from my deep thoughts while staring at the freshly made tombstone of Gerlie with an epitaph "Death ends life not relationships" . 

"Hey", my voice was hoarse due to crying and eyes were still swollen. 

My eyes drifted around to look for Lucas and that's when I realized that we were only few left here in the mausoleum of the Fernandez's family. It's quieter now than earlier. Their relatives maybe went home after Gerlie was buried.

I was about to turn my gaze to Miah, who's standing in front of me, when I caught a sight of two familiar people talking not too far from us. My heart skip a beat when I realized who the man was. My lips parted a little as mixture of emotions stirred inside, couldn't fully process what Miah was saying because I couldn't tear my gaze on him. He changed a lot.

"Czai", I felt Miah's hold on my arm and before the man could turn his eyes on me, I looked at Miah who looks so concerned now, "Are you okay?"

I blinked twice and swallowed hard, trying relax my messy system and telling to myself that I shouldn't be affected anymore. It's been almost 3 years but why does it felt like it's still fresh, like every mess in my life just happened yesterday?

"Y-yeah, I was looking for Lucas. Aalis na ba tayo?", but I still wanted to stay. I don't want to leave Gerlie here. I can't leave her.    

"Hindi pa naman and Lucas was outside. We can stay here for a few more hours", she smiled a little, "There's just something that Gerlie wanted me to give you".

She raised her hand in front of me and there I saw a floral-designed envelope, well fixed and with a smiley I knew was drawn by Gerlie. With so many emotions I have, I couldn't properly name anything at all. 

"She made letters for everyone", Miah said while I was only staring at the envelope, "She asked me to be her messenger", she laughed a little but tears were forming on her eyes. 

My hands, though weak and shaking a little, took the letter from Miah. She smiled at me and looked up to prevent her tears from falling. After taking a deep breath, she turned her gaze to Gerlie's tomb and looked at her with sad but loving eyes. 

I held the letter with both my hands and brought it to my chest while looking at Gerlie's smiling photo on the frame. 

"Was she mad at me?", I couldn't keep it to myself. My heart was beating fast inside but bleeding at the same time. When will I heal? When will my heart be at peace?