Kabanata 26

please leave some comments to this and the next kabanata. Kahit dun sa dalawa lang. pleaseeee.... need ko po ng opinyon niyo. Salamat :)

—————————

Today is my last day in R&D and I still haven't told Edzel about my resignation. I'm planning to tell about it to him later at night when I went home. He'd be surprised for sure!

The engineering department held a mini despedida party for me inside our office. The higher bosses were encouraging me to at least extend even until December but I was too determined to resign so I declined all their offers. Fel was silent on one corner and I have no plans of talking to her one of these days. I still feel rage inside me and I know that if I'll force myself to talk to her, it might just end up badly.

"Thank you for your hardwork, Engineer Gutierrez. You've been one of the most efficient and hardworking engineers in this company and we are so grateful and honored to have you as one of our employees", Engineer Diaz said on his speech. It made me teary-eyed, "If ever you changed your mind, always remember that you are always welcome in this company".

I hugged all of them in the office before I bid good bye and cried a little when I saw some being teary eyed. They even gave me gifts as their remembrance and told me that they will miss me. I will surely miss them all as well. Some of them treated me as their daughter, some as their sister. We literally became a big family in just a span of seven months.

"Drake, thank you so much for helping with my resignation", we were walking our way out to the carpark while bringing all my things.

"No worries, Czai. Thank you for being a great employee in our company. Good luck to your next endeavor", he smiled warmly at me as he helped me put my things and gifts inside my car.

I glanced at R&D for the last time with a sad smile and waved to the other employees before I started the engine and drove away.

The drive back to Manila was tiring because of the damn traffic but I couldn't care at all. I just feel so excited and giddy because I'm going to tell Edzel tonight that I already resigned from R&D. I'm also planning to rest from work for at least two months and just be a full time girlfriend to Edzel for the meantime.

Gusto kong bumawi sa lahat ng pagkukulang ko sa kanya. Gusto kong ako naman ang mag-aasikaso sa kanya. Na pagkauwi niya galing trabaho, nasa condo ako at naghahain ng pagkain para sa kanya. Gusto kong magpaka-girlfriend muna sa ngayon.

Especially now that I feel like something  has changed within him after his birthday. We still talk normally but I could feel some barriers. He's still sweet and caring but there's something changed and I couldn't figure it out.

Naisip ko na baka nagtatampo pa rin siya dahil hindi ako nakauwi noong birthday niya. Hindi ko na rin itinanong kung talaga bang kay Carlton siya natulog ng gabing yun dahil alam ko naman na palagi siyang nagsasabi ng totoo. Maybe Carlton just kidded me. Ganun pa naman yung lalaking yun.

Bringing my bag and some of the gifts that I could carry, I stepped in the elevator and waited until it opened on the 37th floor. I went out and turned left to head to our condo unit when I noticed Edzel and Fayre talking outside.

"Anong gusto mong gawin ko?"

My forehead creased when I felt tension on Edzel's voice. I couldn't see his reaction but the movements on his back muscles told me that there's a problem.

"Love?", they immediately turned to look at me and my brows furrowed more when both of them looked so shock, "May problema ba?"

They looked like fighting about something. Based on Edzel's tone earlier, I knew he wasn't pleased.