Kabanata 30

I read in the comment section why is Czairina calling Jack Lucas as Kiwi guy. 

Just an information: "Kiwi" is the nickname used internationally for the people from New Zealand, as well as being a relatively common self-reference. The name derives from the kiwi, a native flightless bird, which is a national symbol of New Zealand. 

source: Wikipedia

______________________________

"Hi, Ate", I smiled at Cariza when she waved at me from the monitor.

She really grown into a very beautiful woman. She graduated last year and is now helping Papa with his business. I heard they're into hotels and restaurant now. I'm not sure if Tito Zeke influenced Papa or... whatever. 

"Hey, Cariza! Is there something important you need to tell me?", I can't look at her because I'm busy putting light make up on my face, "I'm on a rush now", I picked my nude lipstick and swipe some on my lips then traced the edges with the lip liner. I put the lippie in my cute sling bag before turning my attention to Cariza while wearing my earrings. 

"Where are you going? This early? It's only 4am there, right?"

"Yeah. I'll go with Lucas in Picton", when I noticed the way she raised her eyebrow, "We're  just going to visit his cafe's in there" 

"Are you two dating?", she asked with suspicion on her voice. 

"What? No, of course not. We're just friends", I ignored the amusement on her face and looked on my watch again, "What is it that you're going to tell me? He'll be here anytime soon". 

The amusement is now gone, her face was laced with seriousness. 

"You see, I accidentally heard Mama and Papa talking, and I think it's a bit late but I guess you need to know this", the seriousness on her voice and expression made my heartbeat raced. 

"What is it?"

"It's about Kuya...", she hesitated which made my forehead creased, "It's about Kuya Edzel", she stared at my blank reaction on the monitor, "Ate, his wife.. ahm.. his wif-", I cut her. 

"I don't care. Whatever that is, keep it. I told you not to tell me anything about anyone there in the Philippines", I said seriously and picked my bag. 

"But, ate-"

"Cariza, please", I raised my brow in a way that she would know that I'm not interested to whatever she's going to say. She licked her lips before speaking again. 

"Okay, but at least listen to what I'm going to say about Ate Gerlie. I met Ate Miah yes-", I heard a knock on the door before she could finish.

"Czairina", Jack Lucas' voice echoed outside my door.