Kabanata 9

"Forgiving someone isn't approving how they wronged you, rather it's no longer allowing their wrong to define you"

- Rachel Woclhin

Enjoy reading!

_______________

"Yup, Sammie. I'll leave now, see you"

I was talking with Samantha over the phone, wearing a white crop tank top under my nude lace knitted cardigan partnered with maong faded shorts and white sneakers as I descended the staircase. 

"You're going now?"

I gasped and held my chest when I suddenly heard a voice from my back. He even had the audacity to chuckle at my reaction. Feeling ko sinadya niya talagang gulatin ako.

"Yeah", I looked at him as I unlock the door, "how 'bout you?"

"Same", he initiated to lock the door again when both of us were already outside, "Want to ride with me? Para isang sasakyan na lang dala natin?"

My mouth opened a bit as I look at him then on his car. That's a bit tempting.

"Uhm...", I licked my lips when I remembered Sam and Gerlie, "That's actually a good idea. But I'm afraid I have to reject the offer now?", I smiled, closed lips.

"That's okay. And you have to familiarized the ways here in Manila, right?"

"Yup! That's one thing. And you see, my friends and I have to go somewhere later after we enrolled, so, ofcourse I can't tag you",

He smiled and nodded, "drive safely".

It would really take a lot of patience to be a driver here in Manila. It took more than one hour before I came to the university given that my apartment is just a few kilometers away.

"Woah! What a hot chick with a hot car!", Gerlie kissed my cheeks when they neared me, "I missed you, Beb. You looked so fresh, well you always do naman".

"Thanks, Gerlie. I missed you too. Hi Sammie!"

"How's the first drive in Manila?", she hugged me after kissing my cheeks.

"Exhausting", I frowned.

"Welcome to Manila!", she laughed as she made hand gestures. Yeah, right.

We went to the registrar's office to choose our subjects and enroll for the second sem. There were lots of students today since we only have few days left to enroll.

Our grades were out few days ago and I'm so happy to see that I got 1.19 for my average. I'm one of the Dean's Listers  and I maintained my scholarship. Sammie and Gerlie were also part of the Dean's list.

After enrolling and paying for our tuition, we drove to a famous pizza restaurant near the university. It's past lunch time and we really felt so hungry.

"We should have a drink later to celebrate. I know a gastropub in Greenhills. Then we can sleep in my condo after".

"Well, it's fine with me. How about you Beb?", Gerlie looked at me after munching her pizza.

"It's okay. I'll just go home first to change".

We decided to go home first since it's still early. Mamayang gabi pa naman kami pupuntang Greenhills.