Kabanata 24

"Love, what are you going to wear tomorrow?", I yelled inside our walk in closet while preparing our clothes. Tomorrow is our first day as employees in the company that we were hired in and I'm a bit excited for this new chapter in our lives.

Edzel went inside and tried to choose on his closet while crossing his arms on his broad chest, "What do you think?"

I stood beside her after getting my own clothes.

"Hmm, I think you better go with white button shirt just to be safe"

He nodded then picked one of what I said, a white undershirt and a black khaki pants. We hanged our clothes on a metal rod so we don't need to panic which to wear tomorrow.

"Let's sleep now, baby. I already set my alarm so we would wake up early tomorrow"

"Hey, you don't have to wake up early. 9am pa pasok mo di ba?", I said as a fixed the comforter and pillows on our bed. He went up on it and hugged me as soon as I lay down beside him.

"It's okay. I'm also planning to go to the gym after you go. Now, sleep so you'd have an energy for your first day tomorrow", he turned the lights into dim then kissed, "Good night, baby"

"Good night. I love you", I hugged him and closed my eyes.

We woke up by his alarm at exactly 5 o'clock in the morning the next day. I still wanted to sleep but Edzel tried to pull me up and told me to take a bath while he's cooking out breakfast.

I wore a white long sleeves body con shirt tucked inside a black pencil cut skirt then partnered it with a medium height black heels. I blow dried my hair and decided to tie it up in a high ponytail to make myself look clean. After fixing myself, I went out and saw Edzel almost done preparing the foods on the dining table. I even smiled when I saw two layers of cute lunch box beside my plate.

"You cooked for my lunch", I asked as soon as he put my hot chocolate on my side and he sat beside mine.

"Hmm...", he's putting bacons and egg on my plate, "So you won't need to buy foods in the cafeteria"

"Thank you", we ate silently and he even volunteered to clean our dishes after. I'm starting to feel guilty kasi pati siya nadadamay sa aga kong paggising.

"Good luck on your first day. Don't skip your meals, okay?"

"Good luck din. Eat your lunch. I love you, Edzel", I kissed him before I went inside the elevator. Ihahatid pa niya dapat ako sa parking lot, but I told him to just go straight to the gym on the 40th floor.

It was still 6:30 in the morning and I should be in the company before 8:30. I still have two hours and my estimated travel time is just more than an hour. But I almost curse when I exited in Calamba and I saw how traffic it was. I was already fidgeting in my car while waiting for the cars to move. Manila is still worst but the traffic here isn't a joke.

I was almost running when I reached the company. It's almost time and it isn't a good impression if I'll be late on my first day. I immediately went to Fel when I saw her. She looks fresh I think I looked like a damn because I ran from the parking upto here in the office.

"What happened to you? You're almost late", she whispered to me and guided me to where my seat is.

"There's a traffic in the exit from Manila", I put my things on my table and retouched my light make up.